sfran43

Flop Weekend Thread: Top 5 Weekend Actuals - TSLOP2 $46.65M | Dark Phoenix $32.83M | Aladdin $24.68M | Godzilla KOTM $15.45M | Rocketman $13.82M

Just now, Jonwo said:

It's a fairly inexpensive movie at $55m. It's appealing more to the sort of the audience that likes adult dramas and also the Joker is a pop culture icon so really it's a win win

I think the performance of a second trailer will show how much interest is really there for this, I could see it going either way rn

3 hours ago, Geo1500 said:

Det-Pika was completely watered down version of the original which is why it failed to go higher. As for Warcraft they used the wrong characters hence why they should have used Hellscream thats just my opinion it was not done properly but with a hellscream lead movie it could have been perhaps completely different. 

This 4 mins cinematic commercial is better then the entire warcraft movie. 

As for MK It's a whole different animal. If you give MK to a credible director who has good writers it's bound to success on the Box office

Pika did fine man. Seriously it was not a flop. Pika was competing against Endgame when it was still a monster. Got a lot of it's screens taken away after 4 pm so didn't that evening money and didn't have IMAX. Pika had a lot going against it and still managed to make a good profit over all. 

Mortal Kombat on the other hand caters to one demographic watered-down version or otherwise. You'll be lucky if MK makes 250 million WW by the end of it's run. Especially with that rumored plotline about an OC main character instead of choosing Lui Kang or Kung Lao as the main character which is 100% what I would have done.

Edited by Cappoedameron
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Menor said:

I think the performance of a second trailer will show how much interest is really there for this, I could see it going either way 

There's a chance WB may not have a second trailer for Joker.

Just now, Alli said:

I can't wait to see the Joker second weekend drop. That shit's gonna be glorious

Not a joaquin phoenix fan?

I wish they got a shitty actor for Todd Phillips' Joker like Ansolo or something, then I wouldn't have cared if it bombed or not

Edited by TMP
  • Haha 1

Just now, Cappoedameron said:

Mortal Kombat on the other hand caters to one demographic watered-down version or otherwise. You'll be lucky if MK makes 250 million WW by the end of it's run.

I think if WB is sensible with the MK budget then I think it could do well and profitable. The series has seen a bit of resurgence since WB Games rebooted the series. 

11 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think if WB is sensible with the MK budget then I think it could do well and profitable. The series has seen a bit of resurgence since WB Games rebooted the series. 

I just hope that the rumored plotline is not true because an OC main character is a bad idea to go. Just a cliche americanized adaptation.

4 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

I just hope that the rumored plotline is not true because an OC main character is a bad idea to go. Just a cliche americanized adaptation.

I think a lot of people will see it for the fatalities, the ones in the newer games are very gory but cool which may be difficult for a live action adaptation but hopefully they can pull it off. 

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think a lot of people will see it for the fatalities, the ones in the newer games are very gory but cool which may be difficult for a live action adaptation but hopefully they can pull it off. 

People go to see a mortal kombat movie for the violence and the iconic characters/costumes. A PG-13 film though may not be met with praise cause fatalities well they can't be as iconic as they are.

Edited by Cappoedameron

Just now, Cappoedameron said:

People go to see a mortal kombat movie for the violence and the iconic characters/costumes. A PG-13 film though may not be met with praise cause fatalities well they can't be as iconic as they are.

With Wan producing, there's no chance it'll be PG-13. 

Just now, Jonwo said:

I hope so.

MK 1995 was entertaining but it was not a good movie. The music was the best part of the film, and the fights were okay(JC vs Scorpion was the best) even though till this day I have no idea why they made Sub-Zero so damn stupid. Or how Reptile could just choke so badly when he was whooping that a** the entire fight.

Then 2 years later an abomination called MK Annihilation came out and.... yeahhhhhh

PG-13 rating might bring war flashbacks for a lot of people.

Edited by Cappoedameron

Just now, Jonwo said:

WB just cancelled James Wan's big TV show, and he seemed pretty upset at that. There's a chance WB could force it to be a PG-13, and he just decides to leave the project.

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

one thing i found out in that deadline article which never comes up in the movie, is that jessica chastain's character's name is Vuk??? lmaooo simon kinberg truly did not give a vuk.

Her name is mentioned once.  I counted.

1 hour ago, TMP said:

Why would they not move forward with a follow-up to a critically acclaimed superhero film that made them profit? Especially since it's likely to co-star one of the biggest (literally) movie stars in the world?

Seems like Disney is also depending on his star power for their Jungle Cruise movie next year.

Just now, UserHN said:

Seems like Disney is also depending on his star power for their Jungle Cruise movie next year.

Dwayne seems to be confident in that film, considering he just boarded that director for his superhero joint

51 minutes ago, TMP said:

Dwayne seems to be confident in that film, considering he just boarded that director for his superhero joint

When they first announced that the JC director is also the director for Black Adam, my first thought was "Dwayne Johnson must have really liked working with this director".

4 minutes ago, UserHN said:

When they first announced that the JC director is also the director for Black Adam, my first thought was "Dwayne Johnson must have really liked working with this director".

Everyone seems to be confident in that film's box office except me... seen some $250m+ predictions, so we'll see.