sfran43

Flop Weekend Thread: Top 5 Weekend Actuals - TSLOP2 $46.65M | Dark Phoenix $32.83M | Aladdin $24.68M | Godzilla KOTM $15.45M | Rocketman $13.82M

1 hour ago, a2k said:

Don't know if KOTM will break even.

Looking like 105 dom + 145 Ch + 130 OS-Ch = 380 WW

105*0.55 + 145*0.25 + 130*0.40 = 146 theatrical returns, 170-185 prod budget

Will need killer home media revenue.

@Barnack can give a much better answer.

seems perfect calculation ... KOTM will suffer loss ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sfran43 said:

But it was underperforming below IW before losing any screens, so that's a poor excuse.

Fact is, most of the fans came out in the to see it within the first 2 weeks to be the 1st to see the conclusion, and to avoid any spoilers!

And judging by comments on social media, a lot of those fans were angry and disappointed by what the Russo's have done to many of their favorite character's storylines. And I think that negatively affected EG boxoffice legs, because it resulted in a lot of one-and-done, instead of repeat viewings!

I think He didnt say EG would match IW drop if it didnt lose more screens than IW. He meant EG would have better drop currently if it didnt lose more screens than IW

Edited by PKMLover

1 hour ago, Menor said:

EG third act battle beats any action scene in IW for me though and I don't think I'm alone on that

No, none of those in EG come close to any fight in IW, even the scenes when avengers up against black order, and they barely hold black order members off. got me chilled while gasping for air.

Except for the battle opening scene, action fight in EG was merely decent. 

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 2
  • Disbelief 3

5 hours ago, danhtruong5 said:

The problem is not overperform or underperform. The problem is screen lost. More expected big openers =  more screen lost in short period of time.

it was doing poorly even when it had lots of screens. I dont think its affected by lost of theaters. Its not as if its selling out shows and so needs more screens. Plexes are very good adjusting to demand. Its not as if there are many movies doing bonkers. There is just Aladdin and even that is not exactly having a uber blockbuster run. Market at this point is quite barren having 2 weeks in a row of disappointments. Next week will continue the same trend.

13 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

you are weird. Didn't you start the thread for the championship. Plus should be happy your own country is doing well!!!!!

Yeah, I thought I will be excited as even last world cup, it was WC that excited me though interest in cricket declined. But its nothing much now.

Also, almost 80% team has changed from 2015, I have zero attachment with them so bleh.

6 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Yeah, I thought I will be excited as even last world cup, it was WC that excited me though interest in cricket declined. But its nothing much now.

Also, almost 80% team has changed from 2015, I have zero attachment with them so bleh. 

Ok. Hope your tests went well anyway. That is more important.

3 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Honestly Endgame dailies being behind Infinity War is more a show of how amazing repeat viewings were for Infinity War than a slight on Endgame's legs. I don't really think they could have done a better job with the ending and is reception is definitely positive with of course some vocal detractors.

But hey at least it ain't a certain tv finale or a movie finale that has come out recently

You need to hire Sophie Turner if you want to deliver that kind of finales. :P 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

No, none of those in EG come close to any fight in IW, even the scenes when avengers up against black order, and they barely hold black order members off. got me chilled while gasping for air.

Except for the battle opening scene, action fight in EG was merely decent. 

It’s was all just one big cgi fest for me, that goes for most movies these days. I remember the days of real fight scenes like in the first matrix, felt real because it actually was.

Edited by VENOM

4 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Honestly Endgame dailies being behind Infinity War is more a show of how amazing repeat viewings were for Infinity War than a slight on Endgame's legs. I don't really think they could have done a better job with the ending and is reception is definitely positive with of course some vocal detractors.

But hey at least it ain't a certain tv finale or a movie finale that has come out recently

Except AEG has done more business after o/w than AIW by $47m and counting (should finish 60m+)

• Like 1