sfran43

Flop Weekend Thread: Top 5 Weekend Actuals - TSLOP2 $46.65M | Dark Phoenix $32.83M | Aladdin $24.68M | Godzilla KOTM $15.45M | Rocketman $13.82M

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

I think Doctor Sleep has good hit potential (135m or so DOM) if they straight out advertise it as a sequel to the Shining and it is as good as rumored. Downton Abbey is going to make some real money despite some chuckles here. If Gemini Man is good it can be a hit - Aladdin is proof (along with, like, Bright and Suicide Squad) that Will Smith can still bring the crowds, despite people acting like he died. From reading the book, Woman in the Window has some real breakout potential if reviews are good - could be a lot of elevated schlock fun ala Girl on Train/Gone Girl. I can definitely see a way that Good Day in the Neighborhood and Last Christmas breakout but I need to see more and I think it's more likely that they disappoint a bit. Once Upon a Time and Anabelle might disappoint expectations but should do well. And It and Joker seem like obvious hit potential. Jumanji gonna fall but even half of the original is 200m. Otherwise.....yea, fucking eek in terms of non-Disney box office. 

Little Women should make $100M+ with that cast and holiday timing, especially if it ends up a major Oscar player.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I have only seen Captain Marvel, Endgame (x3) and Aladdin in theaters this year.

Think next film i will check out is Far From Home but only if its good. 

This makes me sad, lol. 

Far From Home, only if it’s good, but you went to see Aladdin? 

So I’m guessing you go by audience score and not critics? 

56 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I'm like the only person on this board that stans for animation especially WAG and SPA in general. No one is denying it'll be a hit and Illumination is probably still the most powerful non Disney animated studio right now but you have to admit the domestic drop is nasty.

It's grossed 2.5 million dollars and today is the opening day. How can you possibly know what it's grossed so far. 

• Like 1

Oh yeah, and while I know I'll get laughed at people for this, I can totally see Cats doing something crazy and making like 200M. It could have hit 300M, but James Corden's uglass sheds off a hundy from the total.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

This makes me sad, lol. 

Far From Home, only if it’s good, but you went to see Aladdin? 

So I’m guessing you go by audience score and not critics? 

Alladdin i saw with my GF or else I would never watch it.

Yeah...for the MCU films i watch them in theaters usually if the audiences liked them too. 

ALADDIN THU, 4.7

We will have 3 movies in 30s this weekend :sparta:

8.46 (+80%)

11.84 (+40%)

9.18 (-22.5%)

= 29.48

8.93 (+90%)

13.40 (+50%)

10.72 (-20%)

= 33.05

• Astonished 1

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

Oh yeah, and while I know I'll get laughed at people for this, I can totally see Cats doing something crazy and making like 200M. It could have hit 300M, but James Corden's uglass sheds off a hundy from the total.

Mocap cats doing ballet is what everyone needs for Christmas.

4 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

He already ruined the late show he took over from the genius Craig Ferguson. 

Disney isn't the only thing succeeding in Hollywood. IT 2 is about to do 250m, Anabelle will challenge 100m easy after the success of the Nun, Us was huge no matter how you slice it, Doctor Sleep gonna breakout.....I'd say horror is in just as good of shape as Disney, on a relative scale. Horror has never been a better bet at the box office than right now.

• Like 5