sfran43

Wednesday Numbers: TSLOP2 $4.46M

7 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

You are probably being overly aggressive on Sunday. Most movies will have decreases on Sunday, just not quite as large. The avg last year was a 10% drop.

One other note on Godzilla. I expect a significant theater count hit tomorrow. It has the 2nd widest numbers of theaters right now and this is the first week theaters can drop it.  I've also noticed it is moving to smaller screens in the cinemas this week. The 2 closest to me are both moving it from a larger screen to one of their smallest.

I do think your estimate pretty good, I'm thinking 8 to 8.5 as well.

Solo increased on FD Sunday and I thought KOTM skewing heavily male even compared to GZ14 and KSI, will benefit more on Sun than other movies. Regarding Fri bump, they get smaller and smaller as summer sets in. Last Fri was +58% so went with +51% this Fri. Hopefully despite the screen loss it doesn't do worse.

5 minutes ago, WP Kelley said:

Thank you. That helps follow your thinking. Are my figures accurate? I have it at $115 in China, and $15 in Japan as of today? Can't figure out the rest of the world to save my life. That's $215 from Dom, China and Japan. Any idea the rest of the world?

It was 292M WW as of Sunday. It took a pretty hard hit last weekend in Japan from Aladdin opening there. it was 16M Japan as of Sunday,

It looks like for final numbers you are going to have

135-140 China

27-30 Japan

105-110 DOM

So low end 267 and high end 280 for DOM+CH+J. Likely going to need 120M from the rest of OS markets to get to 400M. Problem is the OS markets in Europe and SA have been poor and will likely finish lower than DOM. If I had to guess i'd go with 390-392 as a final WW number.

7 minutes ago, WP Kelley said:

Thank you. That helps follow your thinking. Are my figures accurate? I have it at $115 in China, and $15 in Japan as of today? Can't figure out the rest of the world to save my life. That's $215 from Dom, China and Japan. Any idea the rest of the world?

Japan till 2nd weekend :- $16.9 M ... China till today :- $117.62 M 

2 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

It was 292M WW as of Sunday. It took a pretty hard hit last weekend in Japan from Aladdin opening there. it was 16M Japan as of Sunday,

135-140 China

27-30 Japan

105-110 DOM

So low end 267 and high end 280 for DOM+CH+J. Likely going to need 120M from the rest of OS markets to get to 400M. Problem is the OS markets in Europe and SA have been poor and will likely finish lower than DOM. If I had to guess i'd go with 390-392 as a final WW number.

yep ... that's the biggest problem for KOTM .. even with normal legs movie would have been crossed $400 M easily .. but Europe & latin countries letting the film down... though movie is yet to release in Spain .. (expecting few million Euros)

28 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

yep ... that's the biggest problem for KOTM .. even with normal legs movie would have been crossed $400 M easily .. but Europe & latin countries letting the film down... though movie is yet to release in Spain .. (expecting few million Euros)

Godzilla only did around $3m in Spain, so I guess KOTM should be happy if it gets past 1.5m, because in comparison that would be a good drop.

32 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

135-140 China

27-30 Japan

105-110 DOM

As I scour the different threads, I keep coming up with a different number. I really hope I'm wrong. I'm reading revised predictions of 130 China, 25 Japan, 105 Dom. Can any of you see the rest of the world which is at 90 right now, having more than 10 left? That totals 360. How about the big 3? Any of them have a surprise left for us?

7 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

Godzilla only did around $3m in Spain, so I guess KOTM should be happy if it gets past 1.5m, because in comparison that would be a good drop.

yeah .. that too with competition ... Same date as TS4  ...  😶

• Haha 1

$2,270 between Godzilla and RM. 

Good hold for Aladdin. Was hoping for 3.3, but 3.2 isn't bad and it is above its Monday which is the only movie in the top 6 to accomplish that.

I think it will be right around 3 for today. 

If other areas are like where I live and cinemas are moving Aladdin into bigger auditoriums this weekend than it was in last weekend I think it will be interesting to see where it is by Sunday. I could see it finishing #2 on Sunday. 

Will be interesting to see how much more walk-up friendly MIB is compared to XDP. On the tracking thread its pre-sales are running roughly 50% of XDP at the same time frame.

1 hour ago, RamblinRed said:

135-140 China

27-30 Japan

105-110 DOM

China update seems to be $125 at most cause it will dead in 7 days.