Boxofficerules

Black Christmas - cut down from an R rating to a PG-13.

8 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Based on what I've heard about this movie, it seems to be exploiting hot topics like feminism and toxic masculinity for brownie points and explores those topics ineptly. The actual horror aspect also seems pretty generic which is a shame. People should watch 2006 remake. Its really creative at times and probably one of the better horror remakes out there.

The 2006 version was ruined by the Weinstein’s and their editing. I wish there was a directors cut.

3 minutes ago, aladdino said:

straight men are obsessed with dissing/rating low feminist action/horror movies (first ghostbusters, then captain marvel, charlie's angels, now this...), birds of prey is next

Not that I condone it at all, but it's probably because a lot of the female empowerment we're seeing in movies and what not comes at the expense of men. It's like, you can't show an empowered female without making males look useless or villainous or whatever. The vitriol that goes into it is so blatantly obvious and, quite frankly, lame. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Not that I condone it at all, but it's probably because a lot of the female empowerment we're seeing in movies and what not comes at the expense of men. It's like, you can't show an empowered female without making males look useless or villainous or whatever. The vitriol that goes into it is so blatantly obvious and, quite frankly, lame. 

thats basically what bond movies (or most action movies) made of women for decades

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, aladdino said:

straight men are obsessed with dissing/rating low feminist action/horror movies (first ghostbusters, then captain marvel, charlie's angels, now this...), birds of prey is next

Feminism is not hating men. Based on reports, this movie makes sure that every single man is a piece of shit and a bastard being.

The irony is that more men watched this movie, if compared to women, based on PostTrak

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, aladdino said:

thats basically what bond movies (or most action movies) made of women for decades

And I'm not defending that. I'm glad Bond, among many things in Hollywood, is moving forward. It's all about the execution, not the intention.

55 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

The 2006 version was ruined by the Weinstein’s and their editing. I wish there was a directors cut.

Remember those cool trailer scenes were never actually in the film though, they were filmed specifically for the tv spots later. 

some of the shots are with actresses who aren’t even in the film 😂 like that christmas light death. 

14 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Remember those cool trailer scenes were never actually in the film though, they were filmed specifically for the tv spots later. 

some of the shots are with actresses who aren’t even in the film 😂 like that christmas light death. 

isnt that suable tho?? like if u buy a ticket for the movie and they're not in it you can sue them lol

3 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

Not the only time the Weinstein's have been accused of this. Harvey's nickname in Hollywood for a while was "Harvey Scissorshand" becase of his heavy handed editing of movies.

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

From all I have read, Bob Clark's hand was missing badly from this film.

He wrote and directed the 1974 original and was a producer on the 2006 remake.

But he greatest fame, of course, remains writing and directing "A Christmas Story". one of the greatest of all Christmas Movies (probably my own personal favorite).

38 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I thought this was absolutely dreadful. 

You are not alone.

Even the Horror fans don't like this, and they are a LOT more tolerant of flaws and bad filmmaking then most people, but this was too ineptly made even for them.

10 minutes ago, dudalb said:

You are not alone.

Even the Horror fans don't like this, and they are a LOT more tolerant of flaws and bad filmmaking then most people, but this was too ineptly made even for them.

LOL. You cleraly doesn't know a lot of Horror fans. They're way worse judging a Horror movie than GA, there's nothing that can please them, even Universal Acclaimed Horror movies like The Conjuring 2, Get Out, gets some of hate for not being 'scary' enough. These persons are never satisfied with their movies. 

4 hours ago, JB33 said:

BRUTAL! Not surprised though. Not only was this yet another remake we didn't need, but it's supposedly a remake with an agenda. Couple that with the horrid 230K previews, and it appears not a lot of people had time for this.

The original also had an "agenda". I guess you hated it too?