Boxofficerules

Black Christmas - cut down from an R rating to a PG-13.

You know I try to support women and feminism but I thought this movie was shockingly terrible. I felt the plot needed a different tone to work, but scenes also felt badly directed and edited. There was no suspense the entire movie. I don't know how a movie that seems so amateur like this still manages to get a 38% RT score while movies that I enjoyed and that are objectively at least competently made get a much more negative reception from critics. That's why I rather trust the audience (even though people ignore some great movies sometimes), this one they were right to reject.

7 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

Jason Blum has been talking about the failure of this movie recently, he didn’t really go into specifics but he said he learned a lot about what not to do from its failure.

I wonder what, specifically, he's referring to.

I'm honestly not surprised that this and BoP failed. They went way too far with the whole "Men are evil" shtick.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2020 at 6:38 AM, Boxofficerules said:

Jason Blum has been talking about the failure of this movie recently, he didn’t really go into specifics but he said he learned a lot about what not to do from its failure.

Yeh I read this interview, he was asked if he could guess why no one went to see Black Christmas and why Happy Death Day 2 U underperformed. 

This was such a wasted opportunity. I’ll keep the 2006 version and forget I’ve sadly seen this.