sfran43

Dead Weekend Walking Thread: Actuals - MIB International $30.03M | TSLOP2 $24.41M | Aladdin $17.31M | Rocketman $9.42M | Dark Phoenix $9.35M | SHAFT $8.90M

7 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

Aladdin surprised us ... so anything is possible ..

I was never surprised by Aladdin I was tracking it 2-3 months before it hit theaters on Social media. Even Will smith's blue genie memes were trending and it was overall trending online. It had massive following on social media.

As for Mulan the same I don't see it being a surprise doing 1B WW. It might be like top 5 Disney renaissance movie. It has fanbase unlike dumbo and alot of interest already

Edited by Geo1500
  • ...wtf 1

9 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

Anyone else feel like Mulan will do 1B WW. 320-350 DOM + 1B (OS including J 350 and 400M -China

No songs = no billion

Without songs, it wouldn't be any different from other Chinese historical epics and China wouldn't give a shit about the movie. And why the hell would it makes 350 mil in Japan?

1 minute ago, Geo1500 said:

I was never surprised by Aladdin I was tracking it 2-3 months before it hit cinama on Social media. Even Will smith's blue genie memes were trending and it was overall trending online. It had massive following. 

As for Mulan the same I don't see it being a surprise doing 1B WW. It might be like top 5 Disney renaissance movie. It has fanbase and alot of interest already

i mean the way Aladdin showing massive legs in SK , Japan  .. that was surprising for many of us .. 

yeah Mulan is definitely $1 B material ... character is based on Chinese legend Hua Mulan .. (chances of breaking-out in asian markets)

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

No songs = no billion

Without songs, it wouldn't be any different from other Chinese historical epics and China wouldn't give a shit about the movie. And why the hell would it makes 350 mil in Japan?

he said 350m os + 400 china + 350 dom

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

No songs = no billion

If they includ Mushu as CGI character with Kevin Hart as the voice would be one of it's secret weapons. Musicals can be avoided as long as they stay true to the source and include Mushu it will still break-out imo. Musicals or no Musicals 

Edited by Geo1500

Just now, Geo1500 said:

Including Mushu as CGI character with Kevin Hart voicing it would be one of it's secrets. Musicals can be avoided as long as they stay true to the source and include Mushu it will still break-out imo. Musicals or no Musicals 

Eddie Murphy reprise or bust TBH.

Pets 2, Dark Phoenix, MIB and Godzilla are all trash. Useless trash. They are getting what they deserve, complete and total worldwide rejection.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 2

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Pets 2, Dark Phoenix, MIB and Godzilla are all trash. Useless trash. They are getting what they deserve, complete and total worldwide rejection.

Not long before Lion King will get what it deserves too!

11 minutes ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

Eddie Murphy reprise or bust TBH.

Not sure if Eddie Murphy can pull that performance off again in his current age but that was one of his best performance btw but Kevin Hart can try to take the role and see how it goes but he will not top Eddie Murphy in that role but he could still bring alot of magic to the character

cow-DbOIgo.gif

Edited by Geo1500
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

Not sure if Eddie Murphy can pull that performance off again in his current age

Stand in a booth and talk for 30 minutes. It's not the bloody Olympics. 

• Like 1