sfran43

Dead Weekend Walking Thread: Actuals - MIB International $30.03M | TSLOP2 $24.41M | Aladdin $17.31M | Rocketman $9.42M | Dark Phoenix $9.35M | SHAFT $8.90M

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I thought you hated Aladdin.

Hating a movie and appreciating its box office run aren't mutually exclusive. And I can't hate a movie I haven't seen yet! I just hated all the promos

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Seeing any movie this many times is genuinely not healthy, I’m sorry.  Even if every ticket was only $10, that’s at least $1,160 spent on the movie.  Also, this movie has been in theaters for 52 days, so he’d have to see it at least twice a day, and even see it three times a day on some days.  That’s more than 6 hours spent a day in a theater consecutively seeing a movie he’s already seen, as opposed to spending time interacting with his family or his friends or being productive.

I'm almost hoping he's in the back row, in the corner, on his phone working or reading or anything other than actually watching the movie. 

Everything is a hustle now, maybe this is too? What a weird place to be in, hoping that this is just one more hustle instead of what it probably is: Media legitimately reporting on something this sad as if its a positive.

38 minutes ago, LawrenceBrolivier said:

How do you arrive at that conclusion? 

Hobbs & Shaw is basically a sequel to the last two Fast movies, both of which were at least twice as profitable domestic.... and bigger worldwide by multiples of around 5x,

Fast and Furious is on a rapid downward trajectory domestically.

4 minutes ago, LawrenceBrolivier said:

I'm almost hoping he's in the back row, in the corner, on his phone working or reading or anything other than actually watching the movie. 

Everything is a hustle now, maybe this is too? What a weird place to be in, hoping that this is just one more hustle instead of what it probably is: Media legitimately reporting on something this sad as if its a positive.

Going for just about any record in the Guinness record book is gonna be kind of sad. It was mentioned before, but think of the folks going for longest nails. Can those people even wipe their own asses? At least this guy can still practice basic hygiene without assistance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cookson said:

It will. Still has Spain. A decent hold domestically... maybe 115-120 in the cards. Still chugging along in China. Japan is holding ok but definitely fizzling there.

All other territories are basically non existent at this point ... might get 10m from them total(including Spain)

thinking like 380-390.

GD-2014 did $3.4 M in Spain ... so i have very less hopes for KOTM in spain .. 

41 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

We went to see SLOP2 today, audience seemed to enjoy it. But it has like 4 stories going on, they should’ve  settled on one. 

As long as she likes it I will be a happy daddy :)

Just now, john2000 said:

not really, its not like we expected to hit 60 mill os this weekend the expactions were more like 50-55

movie grosses Around $724 M ww as of Now ... still 276 m needed ...with TS4 incoming this weekend .. it will be tough to hit $1 B ..

Just now, Sunny Max said:

movie grosses Around $724 M ww as of Now ... still 276 m needed ...with TS4 incoming this weekend .. it will be tough to hit $1 B ..

i didnt say otherwise, i didnt even say that it will do it

34 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

What's interesting is that the two biggest non-Disney films of the year (Us and John Wick) are both R, with IT2 soon to join. This is very telling because R rated films are the one part of the market Disney doesn't compete in. It just further highlights how Disney is completely decimating all of its competition in the PG/PG-13 arena. Even FFH can't be considered any kind of win against the Disney monopoly since it's only doing what it does because it's part of Disney's biggest current franchise. 

Will soon be there under the Fox brand, and the boxoffice shadow will overshadow all other studios forever. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DisposedData said:

Fast and Furious is on a rapid downward trajectory domestically.

Yes, but even on a downward trajectory.... which I'm not denying... the comparison was being made to John Wick 2 and 3, and I don't think the trajectory is THAT downward to where Hobbs & Shaw only barely beats Wick 3 at the box office. 

I really do think subtracting Diesel and his influence from the series will help halt that downwardness. Fast 8 was sold like a super-serious soap opera with crazy VFX... H&S looks like a buddy comedy with crazy stunts.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

Will soon be there under the Fox brand, and the boxoffice shadow will overshadow all other studios forever. 

Yeah but it’s still not like they have that market cornered now with Fox. All Fox really has for a big R franchise is Deadpool, which will be on its third installment and at the point these franchises typically go south at the box office.