sfran43

Dead Weekend Walking Thread: Actuals - MIB International $30.03M | TSLOP2 $24.41M | Aladdin $17.31M | Rocketman $9.42M | Dark Phoenix $9.35M | SHAFT $8.90M

I hope KOTM does better than that 15% Sun drop.

China, Japan, Dom combined will about 25 left to offer after this weekend which will take it to 365 ww.

Rest of the markets will help it to 380 ww. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by a2k
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

What's interesting is that the two biggest non-Disney films of the year (Us and John Wick) are both R, with IT2 soon to join. This is very telling because R rated films are the one part of the market Disney doesn't compete in. It just further highlights how Disney is completely decimating all of its competition in the PG/PG-13 arena. Even FFH can't be considered any kind of win against the Disney monopoly since it's only doing what it does because it's part of Disney's biggest current franchise. 

I wonder if we will see the other studios ramp up the R rated blockbusters just to get away from going up against the Mouse? 

Now Disney can start r rated business with fox 

17 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

Fucking pathetic how the other studios are just content with Iger jizzing all over their faces every year. 

Is there any sense of pride and competitiveness with the other studios?

They should try making better movies. Put out unappealing product and people won't go.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

Fucking pathetic how the other studios are just content with Iger jizzing all over their faces every year. 

Next year is their chance to spit on Disney's face. Disney's slate next year is weak because they removed Avatar in the schedule.

Edited by UserHN
  • ...wtf 1

41 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

Firstly: wow. Secondly: The sense of competition isn't all that pronounced in Hollywood. Yes, they're in competition for customer dollars... but they're also just trying to make money, period. They don't have to "beat Disney" to make money. Yes, they would like to make more... and they're trying to do that. Sometimes they score a really big hit. Sometimes they flop. Sometimes they try to be competitive and people give em guff for trying. But if a studio comes out ahead at the end of the year, if they can show hundreds of millions... or even billions... of dollars in profit, they "won." You don't have to "beat Disney" to make your shareholders happy. 

These arent sports teams. They're movie studios.... 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Warmaster506 said:

Saddening box office results...it turns good men...cruel. 

36 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

Oh I forgot Disney is perfect. We get it.   Dumbo and Aladdin will both be best picture contenders.

Disney isn't perfect but with competition like they've had this year they certainly appear to be the best.

37 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

Oh I forgot Disney is perfect. We get it.   Dumbo and Aladdin will both be best picture contenders.

Aladdin's WoM is pretty damn good which is a lot more than what other studios can say about their films right now so I'm not sure what you are getting it. Being a Best Picture contender is irrelevant to whether the audience loves a movie or not

• Like 1

2017-19 MD releases :

Solo's final multi was 2.53x 

POTC5's was 2.74x.

Aladdin is already at 2.9x :lol:

Solo added 2x this weekend more to it's run while POTC5 added 2.45x more. That gives Aladdin 33-41 more for 296.5-304.5 dom. But looking at the trend so far it's leaving them far behind.

3x this weekend more for 313.5+ is the least it should do IMO.

3.5x more gives 322. 4x more gives 330.5.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I won't say 300 but Black Panther and Wonder Woman 84 are dropping from original for obvious reasons.

BP is obvious yes, but I see nothing obvious about why WW would drop? It had a super deflated OW and then insane WOM. 400 is far from the ceiling for CBMs, as we know. It can easily go up.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

BP is obvious yes, but I see nothing obvious about why WW would drop? It had a super deflated OW and then insane WOM. 400 is far from the ceiling for CBMs, as we know. It can easily go up.

Why is BP obvious and WW not?