sfran43

Dead Weekend Walking Thread: Actuals - MIB International $30.03M | TSLOP2 $24.41M | Aladdin $17.31M | Rocketman $9.42M | Dark Phoenix $9.35M | SHAFT $8.90M

5 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

All I know: After 15 years of hearing that female lead superhero movies will not/can not make money, I will find it incredibly satisfying to see Wonder Woman and Black Widow as number one and number two for Summer 2020.

This 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think Wonder Woman 1984 can see around a 50% increase in OW and finish with 450-465 mil (3-3.1x) DOM. 

One important thing is that Iron Man 2 and GOTG 2 had worse WOM than their predecessors (especially Iron Man 2). If Wonder Woman 1984's quality stays the same as the first film, it could have a better drop in multiplier than IM 2 and GOTG 2 did from their predecessors. So hopefully it can reach around 3.3x multiplier which would mean 500 mil with that OW.

Edited by lorddemaxus
removed potential spoiler
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

I think Wonder Woman 1984 can see around a 50% increase in OW and finish with 450-465 mil (3-3.1x) DOM. 

One important thing is that Iron Man 2 and GOTG 2 had worse WOM than their predecessors (especially Iron Man 2). If Wonder Woman 1984's quality stays the same as the first film, it could have a better drop in multiplier than IM 2 and GOTG 2 did from their predecessors. So hopefully it can reach around 3.3x multiplier which would mean 500 mil with that OW.

That’s a lot of if’s though. Don’t get me wrong, it can reach $500m. Considering how incredible average the first was with some bad acting imo from the lead, this should have good chance at being a better movie. Jenkins is a solid director and now has experience making a blockbuster and Gal have probably grown as an actress  Hopefully Gal and Pine are together in more scenes in this, because their chemestry together was what I liked most about the first one.

17 hours ago, DAR said:

Bob Iger:  

Disney’s existence while gross and incomprehensible to some saves the box office.  You don’t want the truth because deep down in sub Reddits.  You need Disney in theaters.  You want Disney in theaters.   We use words like Marvel, Pixar and Remakes. We use these a backbone to prop up business. You use them as a punchline.   

What movie is this parodying?

22 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Honestly, outside of Wonder Woman and Black Widow, next summer essentially looks like a repeat of this one taking a glimpse at the schedule.

Ehh, I dunno. This Summer is basically a Disney jerk-off. A few hits from other studios, but apart from Far From Home, it's Disney-town.

Next year, on the other hand, everything is probably going to be evenly distributed and far more open, outside of the #1 spot which is locked down by WW 1984. Black Widow and Tenet are the only other films that are locks to enter the top 5. Then, you have three other franchise bigs in Fast 9, Minions 2 and Morbius that will likely go sub-200, the untitled Pixar movie that is probably not even gonna happen, and then everything else - sequel or original - is risky shit that could easily go either the breakout way or the MIB:I way.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

I'm not convinced on BW yet.

I'm more in the under 300M club right now than over it.

Given the events of AE, it has to be a prequel so there is really no need to go see it thinking it is going to have any effect on a future movie coming out like people felt with CA

Outside of Iron Man most of the standalone Avenger movies have not made it to 300M. 

Just T:R at 315 DOM and CM at 427M. I don't count CA:CW since that was basically a mini-Avengers movie.

Right now i'm thinking a total more in the AM&W or DS range.

Edited by RamblinRed

9 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

BP was a $700M DOM grossing movie as well as the first major African American tentpole, I have a hard time seeing an increase.

While I have WW84 at a flat increase/decrease, it benefits from a weak ass summer. Black Widow at best would do Homecoming numbers, Scoob will limp to $100M, and Fast 9 and Spong3bob will have nasty drops. As for June, Top Gun will pull a MIBI as no one under 25 cares about it, the Pixar movie is uncertain but is counterprogramming, and In The Heights, which I’m thinking $200M is Also counterprogramming. July although has a lot of things taking screens, I can’t see anything but Jungle Cruise going over $200M.

The ceiling is higher for WW84 as well as CM2 than it is for BP2 as those two were around $400M.

I'm not sure In the Heights will be huge, I'm sure it'll do well but it not exactly Hamilton. 

I know you're down on Scoob but I think it probably going to do well. Maybe not as big as Lego Movie or even Lego Batman but still a success. 

42 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

I agree somehow.. i dont see the draw except.. well.. marvel

42 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

Outside of Iron Man most of the standalone Avenger movies have not made it to 300M. 

Just T:R at 315 DOM and CM at 427M. I don't count CA:CW since that was basically a mini-Avengers movie.

One word.. trajectory ^^

TTVOMJ

Edited by Maximum Avery
Context

55 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

Given the events of AE, it has to be a prequel so there is really no need to go see it thinking it is going to have any effect on a future movie coming out like people felt with CA

Apparently MCU is now a multiverse

67dbee4aa6f5441061be30615b86cb28--hilari 

• Haha 1