sfran43

Dead Weekend Walking Thread: Actuals - MIB International $30.03M | TSLOP2 $24.41M | Aladdin $17.31M | Rocketman $9.42M | Dark Phoenix $9.35M | SHAFT $8.90M

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

Mickey's Law is so powerful it's even hurting projects with Disney alumni in them. LMFAO NO STUDIO IS SAFE

Sony's Far From Home sub-$300m dom?

• Like 1

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

The one good thing of the summer box office is the complete wreckage of an Illumination film.

yeah, it's overdue. Every company turns out mediocre to crappy product, problem with Illumination is that most of their product is crappy,most of the rest of it mediocre, and only occansionaly something actually good.

These numbers are genuinely depressing. Shaft's opening in particular bums me out so much. I thought the trailer was hilarious, SLJ is a draw, it looked like effective counter-programming...

The fact that every single movie out that doesn't have a Disney label seems to be flopping is discouraging to me as a box-office/movie buff.

Edited by Truckasaurus

8 minutes ago, a2k said:

SHAFT starts off at 96% on RT with 101 verified ratings.

MIB at 71% after 309 verified ratings.

Shaft’s rating makes sense only the crew and their families are watching it...

Edited by Godzilla
  • Haha 1

What are the chances every Disney release this year is in the top 10 for the year? If it wasn't for Maleficent 2 I'd say this is guaranteed but as it stands, SM:FFH is also guaranteed in the top 10 which leaves us with 2 spots for Maleficent to try for.

Just now, Ledmonkey96 said:

What are the chances every Disney release this year is in the top 10 for the year? If it wasn't for Maleficent 2 I'd say this is guaranteed but as it stands, SM:FFH is also guaranteed in the top 10 which leaves us with 2 spots for Maleficent to try for.

Dumbo won't make it.

77% is actually unbelievable bad. The way numbers tend to get presented in drops rather than holds kind of masks that, but if it did double that much money it would still be a 54% drop.  

77% is:

2 weekends worth of dropping at 52% each

3 weekends worth of 39% drops

4 weekends worth of 31% drops

5 weekends worth of 25% drops

• Astonished 1