Wormow

The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes | November 17, 2023 | Prequel about President Snow | Francis Lawrence to direct | Given a SAG interim agreement

On 5/31/2022 at 8:09 AM, filmlover said:

Rachel Zegler must have the best agent in the business landing all these big gigs in such a short amount of time.

West Side Story did not do well with audiences, but most people in the business saw it and were obvioulsy impressed with Zegler.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2022 at 2:17 AM, Morieris said:

What are they complaining about, she is possibly the most relevant young star out there who could be Lucy.

People wanted a black actress cast, which one of the producers agreed she would want to when a fan asked her months ago.

16 hours ago, Wormow said:

People wanted a black actress cast, which one of the producers agreed she would want to when a fan asked her months ago.

I suspect the producers changes their minds when they found out that Zeglar was available and interested.

And many fans are never happy unless they have something to bitch about.

Edited by dudalb

I'm actually excited for this.

I adore MJ2 and find it so underrated, but if they had left Mockingjay as a single 3-hour film, I think the world would look back on the trilogy as a classic. MJ1 really put a wrench in things.

I haven't read the Ballad book.

• Like 2

https://deadline.com/2022/06/hunger-games-the-ballad-of-songbirds-and-snakes-tributes-cast-1235045100/

EXCLUSIVE: We have learned that Lionsgate’s prequel, The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakeshas landed its first round of tribute and mentor characters in the Francis Lawrence directed film.

Jerome Lance will play Marcus, the tribute from District 2. Ashley Liao will play Clemensia Dovecote, one of Coriolanus’s closest friends and mentor to a tribute from District 11. Knox Gibson will play Bobbin, tribute from District 8; Mackenzie Lansing will play Coral, tribute from District 4; while Aamer Husain will play Felix Ravinstill, the mentor to a tribute from District 11.

On 6/2/2022 at 11:53 PM, Wormow said:

Well, that makes a nice change from them complaining that Rue was black back in the day....when she was described as such.

Im interested in this. I didnt really like the first Hunger Games, but Catching Fire was good. MJ1 was boring, MJ2 was good again.

If this is more like Catching Fire/MJ2 in quality, ill definetly see it.

4 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Im interested in this. I didnt really like the first Hunger Games, but Catching Fire was good. MJ1 was boring, MJ2 was good again.

If this is more like Catching Fire/MJ2 in quality, ill definetly see it.

I still find it really interesting that a lot of the audience just decided not to watch MJ1. I was among them as well. It was not for quality reasons for sure since everyone loved Catching Fire, but when it came to MJ1 I think the prevailing opinion was "I will likely watch this when the next one comes out" and then when MJ2 came out it was "Oops, I forgot and the reviews aren't great anyway"