charlie Jatinder

Tuesday (6/18) Numbers

4 minutes ago, john2000 said:

still disney can push eg 

They won't do that. If they do it, Cameron might rebel and suddenly leave Disney and go to other studios. I believe he's close to both Sony's Tom Rothman and Paramount's Jim G.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, UserHN said:

They won't do that. If they do it, Cameron might rebel and suddenly leave Disney and go to other studios. I believe he's close to both Sony's Tom Rothman and Paramount's Jim G.

Very close friends with Jim G, not as close with Rothman. At this stage of symbiosis though I doubt Jim would want the headache of leaving Disney. 

• Like 1

it's almost becoming more interesting to see how far they drop on Wednesday than how high they rise on Tuesday as it gives a stronger view of what the weekend will look like.

In particular I pay attention to which movies fall below where they were on Monday and which ones stay above their Monday number.

1 hour ago, UserHN said:

If he's that petty, let him go.  Disney owes Marvel and Feige a hell of a lot more than they owe Cameron.

Disney already has the contracts (and has paid for them through Fox) for the Avatar sequels  - and he won't be done with them until probably after we're all dead.

• Like 3

I don't know how it looks at others theaters but at the 3 theaters closest to me here is how they are handling the newcomers and returning films.

I have a 12-plex, 15-plex and 16-plex all close to me that I use.

For the 12 plex the following movies are gone as of Friday

Dark Phoenix

KOTM

AE

Reduced screens

MIB - 2 to 1 (loses the PLF, 2nd screen is moved to a smaller screen)

SLOP2 - 2 to 1

Late Night - 1 to 1/2

Shaft - 1 to 1/2

Newcomers 

TS4 - 5 screens including PLF

Child Play 1

Anna 1

For the 15 plex

Gone

Pika

reduced screens

MIB - 2 to 1

SLOP2 2 to 1

Shaft 1 to 1/2

Late Night 1 to 1/2

KOTM 1 to 1/2

increases 

Aladdin 1 to 1 1/2

New

TS4 3 1/2

Childs Play 1

Anna 1

For the 16 plex

gone

Pika

Ma

reduced

MIB 2 1/2 to 1

SLOP2 2 1/2 to 1

Shaft 1 to 1/2

Late Night 1 to 1/2

Dark Phoenix 2 to 1

new

TS4 6 1/2

Child Play 1

Anna 1

So overall only Ma and Pika disappear completely around me.

MIB, SLOP2, Shaft, Late Night, Dark Phoenix, and KOTM all lose at least 50% of their showings with Dark Phoenix and KOTM both losing one theater completely.

AE loses one theater (12-plex) but keeps a screen in the other 2.

RM and JW keep their same counts, Aladdin actually gets a couple of extra shows overall. TS4 is taking an average of 5 screens at the 3 theaters including all the premium screens.

2 hours ago, UserHN said:

Cameron isn't that petty. Besides he'll just make Disney release Avatar to overtake Endgame again later.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

If he's that petty, let him go.  Disney owes Marvel and Feige a hell of a lot more than they owe Cameron.

Disney already has the contracts (and has paid for them through Fox) for the Avatar sequels  - and he won't be done with them until probably after we're all dead.

I also can't see him getting this upset over a box office record. Especially since Avatar got a re-release. 

Disney may not release Endgame anyways, but it would ve silly to not do so because of that. 

7 hours ago, UserHN said:

You do not want to upset the Marvel group (and they are probably closer to them) and not giving them that record.

• Thanks 1