baumer

Murder Mystery (2019)

Grade it  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Genuinely funny and a good time.  It's a good old school Sandler comedy, as far from the stupid shit he has put out since Grown Ups.  This has good humour, a likable cast and a good story with a terrific ending.  REally enjoyed this.

8.5/10

Enjoyable enough due to natural chemistry between my favorite stars of my teenage years Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston, an alternative supporting cast that lessens the Happy Madison feel, a more thought out albeit familiar story from James Vanderbilt, and direction more passionate than the usual stable of Happy Madison “filmmakers” from Kyle Newacheck, more or less earning the highest RT rating for a Happy Madison movie in 15 years. Although it could have fleshed out certain plot points, added a greater sense of urgency, and dialed down certain caricatures and stereotypes. B

I think it’s additional proof that Sandler and Aniston need to step outside of Happy Madison for their inevitable third movie together.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 1