baumer

Child's Play (2019)

Grade it  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

I liked it more than I thought after reading some lame reviews in the papers. One review talked about the ethics on/off switch that is depressed by mr suicide in the beginning. That was accurate, as I found it to be weak for setting things in motion, still better than voodoo.  The film should have set up more with mr basement creepy who has hidden cameras and brings the doll back for his tech connections allowing greater creepiness. My favorite moment in these films is where the ones who know no longer need to convince anyone because the bad guy shows himself in full force and wrecks havoc. This film does that splendidly. The acting was great and the puppet was definitely not cgi, which helped a lot. 

This was different enough from the original and a solid homage to the original source. Perfect blend. 

A surprisingly good remake. Aubrey Plaza’s performance is good. I also enjoyed the black detective character as He was some fun to watch. This is definitely more of a fun film as it’s crazy at times. Mark Hamill actually does a creepy job as Chucky, and the Buddi song is actually kinda fucked up.

the idea of this film is quite interesting as well, and kinda creepy too if you think about it as our society is so relied on technology all the time as well. 

Overall for a remake this was actually good. The 1988 version is still the prime film, and will still remain a very good movie. This is also a massive improvement from Cult Of Chucky as well! Child’s Play 2019 is a solid remake with some decent actors,  a creepy premise, and a damn fun time! 
Grade: B