DeeCee

***SPOILERS***SPOILERS***SPIDER-MAN:FAR FROM HOME SPOILER THREAD***SPOILERS ALLOWED***SPOILERS***

NOOOOOOO, RIP Jakesterio! Why are they wasting good villains? Killmonger was a villain that should have stick around. Jakesterio could've been in Sinister 6. What a waste of Jake. :whosad:

also, WTF fanboys? Mysterio is a fraud and multiverse is fake. But JK reprises JJJ and all fanboys who saw the movie started to hype it as real multiverse with raimi crossover. WTF???????????????? Seriously, not gonna trust anything coming from twitter reactions ever. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

I'm not saying the movie sucks. I'm saying that movie twitter overhyped JK Simmons as multiverse set up even though the movie clearly stated that multiverse was fake. It looks like JK has nothing to do with MV but simply an irreplaceable actor. 

and yes, Jake dying is disappointing in any context. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2

I suspect some fanboy anger here at the spoiler, if true, about the multiverse being a fake, a scam since there was a lot of fan wank about that. 

I am not sure;a multiers would have been easy to screw up, and am afraid it could become easy out for lazy writers.

• Like 1

Mysterio faking the Elementals is no big surprise as it’s on par with the character’s MO.

JK Simmons returning to the franchise after 12 years is pretty sweet. I imagine they won’t do this for other Marvel characters like Xavier, Wolverine etc

Just now, Valonqar said:

I don't understand how revealing PP's identity as Spiderman would harm a movie?

To me, it does change the dynamic in a good way because while Tony Stark didn’t have to worry about it because he was mega rich, Peter being exposed is going to open a whole can of worms which put him and everyone he knows in danger 

The whole idea of Spider-Man is the struggle of trying to balance his two lives. If everyone knows who Peter Parker is, no one will question where he is if he's not available anymore. That entire idea is gone and the dynamic contrast of nerdy Peter Parker and confident & superpowered Spider-Man won't really be a thing anymore. It's especially a shame for this universe as we don't really have that kind of play with any other superhero. Everyone knew who Iron Man was etc, Spider-Man was the one whose identity being secret actually mattered.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I see your point but all depends on the execution in the next SM movie. 

I agree it does and I can't argue that it won't make for a killer premise for the next movie. But what about after that?

5 hours ago, dudalb said:

I suspect some fanboy anger here at the spoiler, if true, about the multiverse being a fake, a scam since there was a lot of fan wank about that. 

I am not sure;a multiers would have been easy to screw up, and am afraid it could become easy out for lazy writers.

Except the Multiverse is already an established concept with Doctor Strange, and will be explored further in that franchise. This version of Spider-Man isn't the right venue for exploring the MCU multiverse. And it makes perfect sense with the character of Mysterio that the multiverse angle is fake.

• Like 4

How can the Elementals be a proper illusion when Peter gets whacked by Hydroman (?) in the trailers/clips? Any explanation of all this is going to be clunky.

Keaton + Gyllenhaal teaming up would have been super fun, but it's Mysterio, so...

Any word on Keaton's role?

13 hours ago, Lucas said:

Oh god no. JK back as JJJ, yes. Spider-Man's identity revealed to everyone - hell fucking no. Same with a couple of others but that is the main one.

oh no, it really sucks that characters can have things happen that have consequences.

These type of things are healthy for the MCU, similar to how the Decimation actually had an un-alterable effect on the universe and things were not reversed.

Obviously wait to see the film before having real opinions.