DeeCee

***SPOILERS***SPOILERS***SPIDER-MAN:FAR FROM HOME SPOILER THREAD***SPOILERS ALLOWED***SPOILERS***

1 hour ago, Avatree said:

oh no, it really sucks that characters can have things happen that have consequences.

These type of things are healthy for the MCU, similar to how the Decimation actually had an un-alterable effect on the universe and things were not reversed.

Obviously wait to see the film before having real opinions.

Ironic you talk about consequences when Homecoming did such a poor job of having consequences build on top of each other adding to Peter's struggle of leading a dual life. It's like they intentionally wanted to give Peter as little conflict as possible in his every day life, even though that's what Spider-Man is about and that's even what the movie is about. Every time he does something like abandoning Ned at the party because of his Spider-Man duties - Ned just forgives him immediately and nothing comes of it, he abandons that contest thing he was signed up for, put the whole team in danger - but they win anyway and are all okay. He even gets detention and walks away from it with no consequences. He's even obviously far cooler than Flash in the film who's constantly embarrassed (Peter's just immediately accepted back into the team after abandoning it and takes Flash's spot). Then of course there's no personal conflict in the whole film and his entire motivation for being Spider-Man is reduced to "I just want to help the little guy".

From what I've seen from Far From Home, it already looks like a marked improvement on having actual consequences. I remember one clip in particular where Peter had to ditch MJ who's clearly into him - because he has to go on a mission for Nick Fury and it actually feelt like it might go somewhere for his personal story (although when MJ will find out precisely why he left...). But what's funny is you seem to think just because a plot point has consequences then it's automatically the best choice for the movie/franchise. You can have plenty of consequences even without everyone knowing who Spider-Man is, that's what Spider-Man is about.

And yes, I can't have real opinions on the movie before I see it, although none of this has anything to do with the actual movie since his identity is being revealed in a post credits scene. Basically it can't possibly harm my opinion on the actual film, but I'm worried about the future because they already haven't done a great job with Spider-Man except for making him fun and light. This could be yet another step into butchering the emotional side of the character.

Edited by Lucas

35 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Ironic you talk about consequences when Homecoming did such a poor job of having consequences build on top of each other adding to Peter's struggle of leading a dual life. It's like they intentionally wanted to give Peter as little conflict as possible in his every day life, even though that's what Spider-Man is about and that's even what the movie is about. Every time he does something like abandoning Ned at the party because of his Spider-Man duties - Ned just forgives him immediately and nothing comes of it, he abandons that contest thing he was signed up for, put the whole team in danger - but they win anyway and are all okay. He even gets detention and walks away from it with no consequences. He's even obviously far cooler than Flash in the film who's constantly embarrassed (Peter's just immediately accepted back into the team after abandoning it and takes Flash's spot). Then of course there's no personal conflict in the whole film and his entire motivation for being Spider-Man is reduced to "I just want to help the little guy".

From what I've seen from Far From Home, it already looks like a marked improvement on having actual consequences. I remember one clip in particular where Peter had to ditch MJ who's clearly into him - because he has to go on a mission for Nick Fury and it actually feelt like it might go somewhere for his personal story (although when MJ will find out precisely why he left...). But what's funny is you seem to think just because a plot point has consequences then it's automatically the best choice for the movie/franchise. You can have plenty of consequences even without everyone knowing who Spider-Man is, that's what Spider-Man is about.

And yes, I can't have real opinions on the movie before I see it, although none of this has anything to do with the actual movie since his identity is being revealed in a post credits scene. Basically it can't possibly harm my opinion on the actual film, but I'm worried about the future because they already haven't done a great job with Spider-Man except for making him fun and light. This could be yet another step into butchering the emotional side of the character.

The implication of his identity being revealed is that they would have then to deal with the relationships with his friends, with Mary Jane, etc. 

I didn't say it was the best direction to go in.

we have no idea even what it will be until another two years time or whenever the next one comes out.

I also don't give two craps about what direction it goes in.

I am just saying that a lot of MCU films (homecoming being a perfect example) are pretty vapid and kind of 'easy' with little actual conflict and emotional development + very self contained.

Permanent changes with consequences that the filmmakers actually explore, are good for this series. Gets people more invested. MCU is becoming more and more like a TV series and this helps that.

As for your first paragraph I have no idea what you're on about, sorry. I've seen the film twice and its so forgettable i have literally no clue what happened in it.

Edited by Avatree

My wild guessing - Tobey will be back and Zendaya is Michelle Jones because Kiki will return as Mary Jane. I think that they pronounced multiverse fake cause Mysterio is a fake (rhymes with Jake ;)) but that doesn't mean it's fake in general. and as already mentioned, Doctor Strange established it's real.

I want to praise part of the spoiler that says tributes are paid to Tony, Cap and BLACK WIDOW. hell yes! I know that Spidey barely knew her but thanks for not forgetting Nat, FFH! Huge plus from me! :bravo:

Edited by Valonqar

17 minutes ago, Avatree said:

The implication of his identity being revealed is that they would have then to deal with the relationships with his friends, with Mary Jane, etc. 

I didn't say it was the best direction to go in.

we have no idea even what it will be until another two years time or whenever the next one comes out.

I also don't give two craps about what direction it goes in.

I am just saying that a lot of MCU films (homecoming being a perfect example) are pretty vapid and kind of 'easy' with little actual conflict and emotional development + very self contained.

Permanent changes with consequences that the filmmakers actually explore, are good for this series. Gets people more invested. MCU is becoming more and more like a TV series and this helps that.

As for your first paragraph I have no idea what you're on about, sorry. I've seen the film twice and its so forgettable i have literally no clue what happened in it.

I think we're just on about the same thing, but with different ideas of how to go about it. We want way more consequences to pile up, I just don't feel like his identity being revealed to everyone will be the best choice in the long run. After the initial shock (although Aunt May and Ned already knew and we kiiiinda know MJ knew all along, she's even said as much in interviews) I just can't imagine anywhere close to what Spider-Man was all about anymore. Flash would be even more of a loser, Peter would be the most popular kid in school, his teacher would for sure give him more leeway when he breaks the rules, etc. Hell if anything, I'd just picture an Iron Man 2 redux if anything were to happen (and Iron Man 3 actually). We've already seen stories where everyone knows who the masked hero is in the MCU with Iron Man.

I feel like Tony Stark in general has gotten in the way of what makes Spider-Man interesting in general (there is no way he'll ever have money issues). My only hope, and it seems like I'm gonna be right, is Tony Stark will serve as the Uncle Ben for this Peter Parker and he'll finally have that emotional and personal motivation to be Spider-Man that was severly lacking in Homecoming. Though... so much of that struggle will be gone if everyone just knows who he is.

Just now, Lucas said:

I think we're just on about the same thing, but with different ideas of how to go about it. We want way more consequences to pile up, I just don't feel like his identity being revealed to everyone will be the best choice in the long run. After the initial shock (although Aunt May and Ned already knew and we kiiiinda know MJ knew all along, she's even said as much in interviews) I just can't imagine anywhere close to what Spider-Man was all about anymore. Flash would be even more of a loser, Peter would be the most popular kid in school, his teacher would for sure give him more leeway when he breaks the rules, etc. Hell if anything, I'd just picture an Iron Man 2 redux if anything were to happen (and Iron Man 3 actually). We've already seen stories where everyone knows who the masked hero is in the MCU with Iron Man.

I feel like Tony Stark in general has gotten in the way of what makes Spider-Man interesting in general (there is no way he'll ever have money issues). My only hope, and it seems like I'm gonna be right, is Tony Stark will serve as the Uncle Ben for this Peter Parker and he'll finally have that emotional and personal motivation to be Spider-Man that was severly lacking in Homecoming. Though... so much of that struggle will be gone if everyone just knows who he is.

Aunt May knows?

Now that everyone knows who Spidey is, what's the point of wearing a mask?

It seems he won't work for JJJ, either. 

A Sinister Six movie could end in 2 minutes. Spidey can't be everywhere to protect everyone he loves at the same time. 

The Skrull part is played for laughs. Nick is on vacation and asked for Talos help. 

30 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Aunt May knows?

I know right.

No but seriously that's how Homecoming ended, she's even the one who sends the Spidey costume with him to Europe as we see in the trailer.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Lucas

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

I know right.

No but seriously that's how Homecoming ended, she's even the one who sends the Spidey costume with him to Europe as we see in the trailer.

i dont remember sorry.

incidentally I didnt even think anyone knew including the fat boy, at least not from the movie, I just know that he knows in Infinity War so therefore probably found out in Homecoming but I can't remember it.

It's like its been wiped from my memory

Edited by Avatree

You guys are talking about consequences and permanent changes but I'm fairly sure that it will not go that way. I think it will get erased one way or another pretty soon (just like usually in the comics). Spider-Man's character just doesn't work without the secret identity aspect. They will probably use this as a plot point for maybe 1-2 movies and then somehow restore the status quo.

It's still weird that they decided to have such a big event happen in the post-credit scene, I don't think there's ever been anything so relevant to plot in the post-credits, which we know some people still don't even watch. Unless there's some misunderstanding and Mysterio just paints Spider-Man as a menace rather than revealing his real name, which was what some people in reddit who supposedly saw the movie claimed, but since Vieweranon liked that plot summary I assume it's accurate. *shrugs*

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

How can the Elementals be a proper illusion when Peter gets whacked by Hydroman (?) in the trailers/clips? Any explanation of all this is going to be clunky.

Keaton + Gyllenhaal teaming up would have been super fun, but it's Mysterio, so...

Any word on Keaton's role?

Keaton is not in it according to director and nobody mentions him in Spoilers 

I assume both scenes are fully confirmed at this point. From Reddit....

MID-CREDITS

· It starts with Peter and MJ finishing their swing; she doesn’t like it, and then Peter says he has to go

· He lands on a light post when the news on the large screen reveals video of Beck in London talking about how Spider-Man did everything in London because it shows him self-destructing the drones; it cuts again to JJJ (played by JK Simmons) of The Daily Bugle, revealing Spider-Man’s identity to be Peter Parker, as said by Beck, and then a picture of Peter shows up on the screen; Peter is left shock and so is MJ on the ground

END CREDITS

· It’s revealed Fury and Hill were Skrulls, Talos and his wife, while the real Fury was on a Skrulls ship in space having a VR vacation; seems like Fury sent them to do his job