DeeCee

***SPOILERS***SPOILERS***SPIDER-MAN:FAR FROM HOME SPOILER THREAD***SPOILERS ALLOWED***SPOILERS***

1 hour ago, Frozen said:

Is it true there is no Happy and Aunt Mae romance in the film? That trailer scene wasn’t even in it? 

It is in the movie. The scenes of him at the bodega, fighting the mob and getting his passport aren't though. They're going to be a short for the home release.

Someone on reddit described a scene

"Beck says something that Peter couldn’t even save Tony, and shows him a headstone with Tony’s full name and then the Skeleton Iron Man pops up and chases after Peter and then it disappears into another illusion."

Damn, that sounds very brutal for Peter. It should be a strong scene. Can't wait for it.

• Like 2

On 5/6/2019 at 11:17 PM, Gavin Feng said:

I'm with this theory. Multiverse & Quantum field probably would be the main story for the next few years in MCU, and I doubt Marvel Studios would let Sony's superheroes start the topic. Spidy probably will finally keep being New York people's good neighbor and then save the world in Avengers films.

the most incredible thing for Spidy, or the entire MCU is, even if you already foresee the whole story, you still could enjoy it and always get surprised

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Someone on reddit described a scene

"Beck says something that Peter couldn’t even save Tony, and shows him a headstone with Tony’s full name and then the Skeleton Iron Man pops up and chases after Peter and then it disappears into another illusion."

Damn, that sounds very brutal for Peter. It should be a strong scene. Can't wait for it.

I was sitting in a screening with a family with young kids in front of me and when that scene played out, I thought, "wow, they're going to have some serious nightmares over this for a while!"  There aren't many horror-movie type scares in MCU films, but this was a genuinely frightening moment.  Not only is it creepy seeing Spidey attached by the undead, crawling out of its grave, but it's freakin' Iron Man, the most beloved character in moviedom these days! It was one of my favorite scenes in the film.

I also loved the brief homage to Amazing Spider-Man #66-67, where Mysterio convinced Spidey that he'd permanently shrunk him down to six inches tall. There's a quick flash in Far From Home (just before the "Iron Man Crawls From The Grave" scene, IIRC) where Spidey is attacked by a giant Mysterio hand, much like issue #67's classic cover!

latest?cb=20171229063115

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

I'll be curious to see how the next Spider-Man film deals with the fallout of Peter being exposed as Spider-Man. 

I'm sure the nano masks from Winter Soldier will come in handy. Like, Peter introduces MJ to SHIELD and they disguise her as Peter while he goes around as Spidey.

Also, i wonder if the third movie will start right after this one.

Edited by DaggerDanger

Haven't checked any spoilers for this yet (and don't plan to until after seeing the movie so I'll probably check out after this post) but I did look at the official cast list and saw the big cameo reveal and was literally like:

Image result for holy mother forking shirt balls gif

for a solid 30 seconds.

I feel like Simmons made such a perfect impression in the part that recasting JJJ was impossible as long as he was alive so I'm glad they gave him the Judi Dench M treatment and brought him back on board if they felt compelled to include the character in this universe.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, DaggerDanger said:

I'm sure the nano masks from Winter Soldier will come in handy. Like, Peter introduces MJ to SHIELD and they disguise her as Peter while he goes around as Spidey.

Also, i wonder if the third movie will start right after this one.

That's a great idea. Peter used something similar in AMAZING #105, if memory serves, when he used a "Peter Parker mask" to convince a bunch of villainous voyeurs (led by Spencer Smythe) who'd watched him unmask that what they were seeing wasn't what they thought they were seeing. He also had Hobie Brown wear a Spidey suit in front of Peter and his friends after he revealed his ID to them in a flu-induced delusive state (in AMAZING #87), to alleviate their suspicions. But this was broadcast to the world, so the task is going to be a little trickier!

As I said, I like your idea. But they could go the opposite route (The Hobie Brown Plan) and have one of Peter's super-pals portray Spidey in a convincing manner, with Peter interacting with him in a very public place. Maybe T'Challa could help him out, as he seems to be the most Spidey-like in his movements/abilities! Hopefully no one would notice the four-inch height difference!

Or they could just deal with Spidey not having a secret ID. They're pretty rare in the MCU, which makes sense. With cameras almost-literally everywhere, it would be nearly impossible to maintain such a secret in 2019. The bigger challenge, in some ways, is how to deal with Mysterio's somewhat credible accusations about Spidey being responsible for all of Beck's crimes. It's one thing for Peter to try to maintain some semblance of a normal life as a part-time publically-known superhero - it's another thing entirely if the public thinks he's a super-villain... as they did in the comics for much of his first few decades of adventures, thanks to, just like in the movie, the efforts of JJJ!

So much to digest from one two-minute mid-credit scene!!!

1 hour ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Hit me up the link pls

unfortunately the one I had is taken down now. :( With those things, you have to watch right away or they are gone within hours. 

OK, is it me or given that Mysterio made that video framing Spiderman as the bad guy, that's a possible indication that he faked his death after all? I mean, based on spoilers from reddit, we only have EDITH's word that he's dead but that doesn't mean much.

Edited by Valonqar

19 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

unfortunately the one I had is taken down now. :( With those things, you have to watch right away or they are gone within hours. 

OK, is it me or given that Mysterio made that video framing Spiderman as the bad guy, that's a possible indication that he faked his death after all? I mean, based on spoilers from reddit, we only have EDITH's word that he's dead but that doesn't mean much.

It's clearly filmed before his death, and there's no real way for him to have faked his death since his illusion stuff was broken. He didn't fake being shot.

10 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

It's clearly filmed before his death, and there's no real way for him to have faked his death since his illusion stuff was broken. He didn't fake being shot.

damn. thanks. I was hoping they'll continue with Jake. Killing Killmonger so fast is the main reason I dock BP points. I really think that was a mistake for the Rightful King N'Jadaka is infinitely more interesting than King Kumbaya. The movie actually started when the Rightful King arrived to take the throne. he strikes me as someone who should've been kept around like Magento but maybe not used in every movie. Like, wait in the shadows or something. Oh well.

So how are they going to do the Sinister Six without Mysterio? :thinking:

Well, I accidentally saw the spoiler that J.K. Simmons was playing Jameson in this movie, so at that point, I went “ah what the hell” and decided to read up on the end credit scene for him, and I even saw a leaked clip of it. 

So, uh, is anyone else not a fan of the direction they seem to be taking with Jameson in this universe? I know that people are ecstatic about seeing J.K. Simmons back in his most iconic role, but from his one scene in the movie, he comes across as being just too much of a jerk. Sure, Jameson has always been portrayed as a jerk, including in the Raimi trilogy, but framing a minor for murder and exposing his identity to the world is downright scummy. I could never imagine the Jameson of the Rami trilogy doing something like this. At the very least, if they wanted to portray Jameson as an absolute scumbag, I kind of think I would’ve preferred if they got someone else to play him. 

As a side note, I kind of wish the MCU didn’t have such a casual disregard for the secret identity trope. Yeah, the trope is unrealistic, but so is the very concept of a superhero. 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Sure, Jameson has always been portrayed as a jerk, including in the Raimi trilogy, but framing a minor for murder and exposing his identity to the world is downright scummy. I could never imagine the Jameson of the Rami trilogy doing something like this. At the very least, if they wanted to portray Jameson as an absolute scumbag, I kind of think I would’ve preferred if they got someone else to play him. 

JJJ doesn’t frame Peter, Mysterio does. Mysterio is also the one to expose his identity.