DeeCee

***SPOILERS***SPOILERS***SPIDER-MAN:FAR FROM HOME SPOILER THREAD***SPOILERS ALLOWED***SPOILERS***

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

JJJ doesn’t frame Peter, Mysterio does. Mysterio is also the one to expose his identity.

From what I could tell by the clip, it seemed like he edited the footage to make it look like Peter flat out murdered an innocent man. I of course haven’t seen the rest of the movie yet, so I guess I could easily be wrong, but based on that clip, Jameson really comes off looking like a complete asshole. 

5 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

From what I could tell by the clip, it seemed like he edited the footage to make it look like Peter flat out murdered an innocent man. I of course haven’t seen the rest of the movie yet, so I guess I could easily be wrong, but based on that clip, Jameson really comes off looking like a complete asshole. 

Jameson is sent a clip which was  edited by Mysterio’s crew to make it look like he was a hero and Spider-Man ruthlessly killed him. Jameson falls for the fake clip and shares it on his show as news.     

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Jameson is sent a clip which was  edited by Mysterio’s crew to make it look like he was a hero and Spider-Man ruthlessly killed him. Jameson falls for the fake clip and shares it on his show as news.     

I guess that does make him seem a bit less like a prick. In that case, I’m guessing the next movie will have some big moment when Spider-Man saves his life, and we’ll see some hint of a nicer side to Jameson. 

Man I shouldn't be surprised after all the reactions to Endgame's spoilers without even actually seeing the film but eh guess some prefer to judge a film by reading spoilers instead of you know......watching in the movie.

Peter Parker's identity being known is not gonna stick but it does up the stakes of the third one massively and Spider-Man in the MCU will finally be a fugitive and a known menace to the public like in the comics. Perfect for a certain Norman Osborn to take advantage of probably.  

5 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Man I shouldn't be surprised after all the reactions to Endgame's spoilers without even actually seeing the film but eh guess some prefer to judge a film by reading spoilers instead of you know......watching in the movie.

Peter Parker's identity being known is not gonna stick but it does up the stakes of the third one massively and Spider-Man in the MCU will finally be a fugitive and a known menace to the public like in the comics. Perfect for a certain Norman Osborn to take advantage of probably.  

yeah it seems that they are now starting to go to the old routes, and set up spidey as the new face of the mcu

EDITH was such a silly plot device/McGuffin. If they couldn’t find a way to make this plot work without that being so absurd, I’d have rathered a different plot entirely.    

Still, almost everything else works pretty well (May is still underdeveloped though, as is MJ really). Handled Endgame fallout really well. Overall maybe 7.5/10.   

Oh, and it’s pretty crazy that a lot of the movie hinges on the post credits Talos+wife reveal. I’ll forgive that under the assumption that Fury+Kree stuff gets paid off in CM2 or whatever.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

It has to be CM2 that the Fury/Talos stuff has a payoff. Is there anything else?

It could just be a throwaway gag. Fury wasn’t doing anything important, just on a VR vacation. This would be, imo, out of character and very stupid. I don’t think they’ll do it.   

It could relate in a very unexpected way to some other franchise. GotG3? Nova? Sentry? Silver Surfer? This would feel kind of unearned and disjointed, and is a bad idea. I don’t think they’ll do it.   

It could payoff in CM3, if 2 is another prequel like some people were hoping. This would be waiting far too long for payoff. It’s a bad idea, and I don’t think they’ll do it.    

So yeah, logically it seems like CM2 is far and away the best option. But there’s enough other options to make me just ever so slightly nervous.

Edited by Thanos Legion

Another possibility. The next Avengers movie is Secret Invasion and either bad Skrulls invade or Fury is on the Skrulls side, and ends up being a bad buy in the film.

Anyway, JJJ, yes!!!! Also, FFH was great! I loved it, and my audience loved it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

EDITH was such a silly plot device/McGuffin. If they couldn’t find a way to make this plot work without that being so absurd, I’d have rathered a different plot entirely.    

Still, almost everything else works pretty well (May is still underdeveloped though, as is MJ really). Handled Endgame fallout really well. Overall maybe 7.5/10.   

Oh, and it’s pretty crazy that a lot of the movie hinges on the post credits Talos+wife reveal. I’ll forgive that under the assumption that Fury+Kree stuff gets paid off in CM2 or whatever.

TBH, I never wanted these movies to be May and/or MJ shows. As long as Peter and the villain are developed, since they are heart of Spidey stories, I don't care if supporting characters remain just that. I never found May and MJ to be among better parts of Tobey Spiderman movies either so...

Better than HC for me. Around 8/10

Movieplot was pretty obvious most of the times for a long time Marvel geek but the endcredits really blew my mind.. Holland is the Perfect Spider-Man and could do this role thru many more phazes

So, I guess Talos can just take Peter's form while Peter himself appears as Spider Man. This way, the post credits scene is undone in less than 5 minutes in the next Spider Man movie, I guess.

If Talos pretends to be Nick Fury, he can easily help Peter to prove he's not Spider Man. 

10 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

So, I guess Talos can just take Peter's form while Peter himself appears as Spider Man. This way, the post credits scene is undone in less than 5 minutes in the next Spider Man movie, I guess.

If Talos pretends to be Nick Fury, he can easily help Peter to prove he's not Spider Man. 

That sounds like a feasible solution but I think they may save it for the end of the third movie

9 hours ago, kitik said:

Holy crap, why did I just read all 8 pages of this thread?

8 pages of fucktards who haven't seen the movie are trying to discuss it.

J effing C, some of you people are idiots.

I don’t see what the problem is. If people already know about what happens in the movie, why shouldn’t we be allowed to discuss those things in a thread specifically dedicated to talking about spoilers?

This was a ton of fun. No complaints really.

They are definitely going the comic book universe route with the Endgame fallout, in that life appears to just pretty much be going on as normal five years later. They make some nods to how people are dealing with things (a younger sibling is now an older sibling, people now living in your former apartment when you blip back), but nothing life-changing.

Favorite sequence was the full-on Mysterio illusion attack on Spider-Man. That was gorgeous and thrilling. 

Most emotional scene was Peter with Happy coming to terms with the idea that he'll never replace Tony and then building a new suit to Tony's theme music.

Post-credit scenes:

1) J. Jonah Jameson played by J.K. Simmons! And revealing Peter's identity to the world. I mean, holy shit what a debut for MCU JJJ!

2) I think the second credit scene was an ever bigger reveal. Fury is somewhere on a space station (I think) working with a faction of Skrulls, while Talos and his wife, Soren, have been masquerading as Fury and Maria Hill the entire movie.

This does raise a question. Was that Fury and Hill who were snapped away at the end of Infinity War or was that Talos and Soren, meaning Fury and Hill were alive during that five years and working with the Skrulls?

• Like 1

I have to give the MCU credit for their ability to weave older MCU movies into the new ones. Their use of Iron Man to integrate Beck into the movie was seamless, as were those of the other Tony Starks haters. Was nice seeing Obedaya Stain again. I think he is an underestimated villain. I really enjoyed this movie, as did my son. He actually was able to sit through the whole thing. 

• Like 1