That One Girl

Toy Story 4 Weekend Thread | Estimates: Small Soldiers 118, Puppet Master 14.1, Prince of Persia 12.2 (-30%), Blues Brothers 2000 10.8 (-64%), Beverly Hills Chihuahua: The Squeakquel 10.3 (-58%)

https://deadline.com/2019/06/toy-story-4-opening-weekend-box-office-childs-play-1202635964/

EXCLUSIVE: Disney continues to build movies this summer, and audiences continue to come. Industry sources –not Disney– inform us that Pixar’s Toy Story 4 is clocking around $12M tonight, which will make it the second best preview night for an animated pic after the record $18.5M notched by Disney/Pixar’s Incredibles 2 last year.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Obviously it's important to kind of take early Deadline preview projections with a grain of salt, but that's still a very strong preview number. With about...let's say an 11.75x multiplier (I just spitballed that number) that would be about $141M. Hopefully the previews see an increase when we get the final numbers (although I think final previews have almost always increased from early Deadline projections)

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Might not even cross 150m despite everything going for it? Wow 

btw because I know people here are eager to do this throughout the weekend...can y'all not? Just...just don't.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

turned itself into a date movie...  are they serving lotus crab meat with that?

100 - TS4

25 - Child's Play

13 - Pets 2

11 - MIB 2

9 - Aladdin

5 - Rocketman

4 - Dark Phoenix

4 - Anna

4 - Godzilla

4 - Shaft

2.5 - Late Night

2 - John Wick

2 - Avengers

2 - Ma

1 minute ago, a2k said:

I2 ow did just 9.88x the previews. Sun was inflated and it fell only 11%. Doing 10-11x won't be easy for TS4.

I need to make a bet on this forum.

If this opens lower than TS3 adjusted ($127M) I’ll do... what exactly?

Looks like a great preview gross to me - it would be highest preview gross for an animated film, if Incredibles 2 didn't exist. 

I don't expect the film to be as frontloaded as Incredibles 2. Looking back at Deadline's ComScore numbers, Incredibles 2 had a fairly heavy influx of adults on the Thursday and Friday for your typical Pixar/animated family film, and I'm not sure if this will be the case with Toy Story 4 (to that great of an extent - the huge preview gross for Incredibles 2 had more than doubled the previous animated film preview gross record held by Dory).

I'm feeling like it will fall closer to Finding Dory (14.7x preview multiplier) than Incredibles 2 (9.9x). At the time, Dory had set the animated film preview gross record with $9.2M. With 12M in previews, I could see 150M for the weekend.

But just a guess, I could be eating my words come the end of the weekend. Let's see where the final preview gross falls come morning and go from there.

Peace,

Mike

Edited by MikeQ
  • Like 3