That One Guy

Toy Story 4 Weekend Thread | Estimates: Small Soldiers 118, Puppet Master 14.1, Prince of Persia 12.2 (-30%), Blues Brothers 2000 10.8 (-64%), Beverly Hills Chihuahua: The Squeakquel 10.3 (-58%)

https://deadline.com/2019/06/toy-story-4-opening-weekend-box-office-childs-play-1202635964/

EXCLUSIVE: Disney continues to build movies this summer, and audiences continue to come. Industry sources –not Disney– inform us that Pixar’s Toy Story 4 is clocking around $12M tonight, which will make it the second best preview night for an animated pic after the record $18.5M notched by Disney/Pixar’s Incredibles 2 last year.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Pretty underwhelming, honestly. Not sure if it'll even cross $150M...

• ...wtf 2
  • Disbelief 4

Might not even cross 150m despite everything going for it? Wow 

• ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

Obviously it's important to kind of take early Deadline preview projections with a grain of salt, but that's still a very strong preview number. With about...let's say an 11.75x multiplier (I just spitballed that number) that would be about $141M. Hopefully the previews see an increase when we get the final numbers (although I think final previews have almost always increased from early Deadline projections)

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Might not even cross 150m despite everything going for it? Wow 

btw because I know people here are eager to do this throughout the weekend...can y'all not? Just...just don't.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

btw because I know people here are eager to do this throughout the weekend...can y'all not? Just...just don't.

me to everyone this weekend:

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

”John Marston”. Mr. Always Pessimistic” :hahaha:

5 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

”John Marston”. Mr. Always Pessimistic” :hahaha:

He's the guy who said that anything below $150M for TS4 is a flop. Lol

I think this will go up, but even if it doesn’t it is still a good number. 

19 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Doing all summer every weekend

12x11.5 would be fine. Expect both numbers will be higher in the end.

I2 ow did just 9.88x the previews. Sun was inflated and it fell only 11%. Doing 10-11x won't be easy for TS4.

• Thanks 1

turned itself into a date movie...  are they serving lotus crab meat with that?

100 - TS4

25 - Child's Play

13 - Pets 2

11 - MIB 2

9 - Aladdin

5 - Rocketman

4 - Dark Phoenix

4 - Anna

4 - Godzilla

4 - Shaft

2.5 - Late Night

2 - John Wick

2 - Avengers

2 - Ma

1 minute ago, a2k said:

I2 ow did just 9.88x the previews. Sun was inflated and it fell only 11%. Doing 10-11x won't be easy for TS4.

I need to make a bet on this forum.

If this opens lower than TS3 adjusted ($127M) I’ll do... what exactly?

Posted (edited)

Looks like a great preview gross to me - it would be highest preview gross for an animated film, if Incredibles 2 didn't exist. 

I don't expect the film to be as frontloaded as Incredibles 2. Looking back at Deadline's ComScore numbers, Incredibles 2 had a fairly heavy influx of adults on the Thursday and Friday for your typical Pixar/animated family film, and I'm not sure if this will be the case with Toy Story 4 (to that great of an extent - the huge preview gross for Incredibles 2 had more than doubled the previous animated film preview gross record held by Dory).

I'm feeling like it will fall closer to Finding Dory (14.7x preview multiplier) than Incredibles 2 (9.9x). At the time, Dory had set the animated film preview gross record with $9.2M. With 12M in previews, I could see 150M for the weekend.

But just a guess, I could be eating my words come the end of the weekend. Let's see where the final preview gross falls come morning and go from there.

Peace,

Mike

Edited by MikeQ
  • Like 3

LMFAO at that early 200M tracking :rofl::rofl:

Capture.PNG

famous last words