That One Girl

Toy Story 4 Weekend Thread | Estimates: Small Soldiers 118, Puppet Master 14.1, Prince of Persia 12.2 (-30%), Blues Brothers 2000 10.8 (-64%), Beverly Hills Chihuahua: The Squeakquel 10.3 (-58%)

2 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

Disney 2015: AOU is a failure

Disney 2017: TLJ is a failure

Disney 2019: TS4 is a...

we were all waiting to rant on Aladdin to vent out the 'Disney can also go wrong' anger. but Aladdin didn't give that opportunity and it's coming out unjustly on TS4.

Yeah honestly my gut reaction is to say this is more of a fault of the tracking/presale numbers and how it was interpreted rather than TS4 not clicking or getting audiences to the theater. But obviously you can see I predicted 110m 😅

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Yeah honestly my gut reaction is to say this is more of a fault of the tracking/presale numbers and how it was interpreted rather than TS4 not clicking or getting audiences to the theater. But obviously you can see I predicted 110m 😅

More so tracking. For a couple of weeks presales were indicating this sort of opening.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DisposedData said:

It made a billion 9 years ago and was even in the all time worldwide top ten. It's very obvious that the comparison has validity.

no it doesn't. 9 years ago 3D was at an all-time high in popularity. That's also part of the reason why toy Story 3 made a crap load of money. 3D doesn't have nearly the same kind of validity that it did nine years ago.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Were it not for presales and all the trade bastards like DHD and THR, I don't think anyone would be saying that Toy Story 4, arguably one of the most greedily greenlit projects ever (regardless of how well crafted it turned out to be), opening above TS3 would be an underperformance. Even just a month or two ago, I was on the fence about 100 altogether.

It will make more on opening week than Detective Pikachu. That's a twist of fate after the initial trailers came out, if there ever was one.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, sfran43 said:

That's a great number, considering it didn't open in all majors and should have great legs thanks to summer weekdays in most places. 
I wouldn't call 1 billion yet, but I think 900m+ is certainly in the cards

Just now, sfran43 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't think only about a 30% drop from estimates last weekend?
Considering Disney always underestimates, I'd say that's a damn great number! 1 billion is very likely for this one, especially as domestic continues to hold quite well, and Japan and Korea are having miniscule drops.