That One Girl

Toy Story 4 Weekend Thread | Estimates: Small Soldiers 118, Puppet Master 14.1, Prince of Persia 12.2 (-30%), Blues Brothers 2000 10.8 (-64%), Beverly Hills Chihuahua: The Squeakquel 10.3 (-58%)

5 minutes ago, cannastop said:

So I payed attention to Toy Story 4 for 10 minutes and then I decided Forky was unfunny and boring. So I closed my eyes and dozed off. I heard what was happening, but I didn't follow the plot.

Just now, cannastop said:

So I payed attention to Toy Story 4 for 10 minutes and then I decided Forky was unfunny and boring. So I closed my eyes and dozed off. I heard what was happening, but I didn't follow the plot.

meme-488x400.png

• Like 1

The argument of "well TS4 DID make more than TS3's opening" is almost like if TFA made $120 million, at LEAST it made more than ROTS's opening. Nominal dollars. Not sure how making $8 million more than a movie did 9 years ago is really that good.

$118 million OW and struggling to make $400 million domestic is upsetting but if it helps, it perpetuates the idea that Disney will continue to stick to their "no sequels" for at least a bit longer than they may have anticipated. TS4 was certainly not long-awaited. I2 was long-awaited. There are NO more long-awaited sequels for Pixar films.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Yeah I slept through your Pixar masterpiece, what do you want?

But seriously, it's ok if you didn't like it. Which film did you like better?

Edited by LOGAN'sLuckyRun

17 minutes ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

All work and no play makes LOGAN'sLuckyRun a dull girl?

Edited by Porthos

9 minutes ago, jedijake said:

The argument of "well TS4 DID make more than TS3's opening" is almost like if TFA made $120 million, at LEAST it made more than ROTS's opening. Nominal dollars. Not sure how making $8 million more than a movie did 9 years ago is really that good.

$118 million OW and struggling to make $400 million domestic is upsetting but if it helps, it perpetuates the idea that Disney will continue to stick to their "no sequels" for at least a bit longer than they may have anticipated. TS4 was certainly not long-awaited. I2 was long-awaited. There are NO more long-awaited sequels for Pixar films.

LOL they're stopping sequels now because TS4 will make only around 400M DOM which is essentially the same TS3 did, both with the same budget? 

I mean, do you really think TS4 aren't long-awaited? Of course it isn't Incredibles 2 but it doesn't have to be, disappointments apart because of the tracking, TS4 is coming for +900M, damn even a billion is possible. This doesn't make any sense, how a movie that is not long-awaited could make so much money?

Also the comparison with Star Wars didn't make any sense... ROTS is a 4-day opener so it will never be a good comparison for a 3-day opener like TFA. Also, unlike TFA / ROTS, TS3 and TS4 both have 3D, but in this case, the movie that actually take advantage of this is the last one. TS3 did around 60% of the OW in 3D theaters, while probably only 15% or 20% of TS4 OW comes from 3D. If you really think about, you'll see TS4 not only surpass the 3rd on OW because of the numbers itself, but also sell more tickets.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jedijake said:

As I already illustrated, it likely beat TS3's OW in admissions, which is more important. It's fine for a movie that no one asked for. But the tracking was still an epic, epic fail.