That One Girl

Toy Story 4 Weekend Thread | Estimates: Small Soldiers 118, Puppet Master 14.1, Prince of Persia 12.2 (-30%), Blues Brothers 2000 10.8 (-64%), Beverly Hills Chihuahua: The Squeakquel 10.3 (-58%)

Dory didn't had the Saturday bump, considering Saturdays have been stronger this year, I am hoping for atleast 10% jump, may be 15%.

138 Approx

I had 150 as number; below which I won't be disaspointed. Hopefully it go on the high end of range I was getting.

BTW if TS 4 did 110mn in 2010, don't just consider inflation. There's business frontloaded-ness over last 9 years as well. That's much bigger factor.

I'm guessing we'll see an OW right around $150M, give or take a few million. The internal multiplier should be right in between that of Incredibles 2 (9.88) and Finding Dory (14.68).

I really do hope we get more animated $100M+ openers. Cause out of all of the 56 (soon 57) $100M+ openers....only 7 (soon 8 ) of them are animated while all the other 49 are live action blockbusters. That’s honestly not that great of a balance, because the live action movies far by a mile, outweighs the animated movies in terms of an $100M+ OW.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • ...wtf 1

19 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I am guessing $4mn true Friday from early morning numbers.

It'll go higher than that, right? You'd expect early morning numbers to be muted for something like this.

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Hmm, actually a $5.65m Friday would be the worst multiplier ever from any film opening over $1.5m in previews. 

Bright burn did $3mn of $1mn previews. Since I don't really tracked film that small, $5.65mn is basically how R rated films generally perform.

I think Disney would be happy with $120-140m, the gap between Toy Story 3 and Toy Story 4 is smaller than both Incredibles 2 and Finding Dory so the nostalgia factor isn’t as strong. 

A break from sequels will do Pixar the world of good especially if Onward and Soul do strong business. I don’t think they’ll completely back away from sequels, 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

There’s no other franchise ever with 4 consecutive films with increases in admissions right (talking sequels not cinematic universes)?

Was gonna say Mission Impossible 3,4,5,6 but MI4 beat MI5 in admissions and beat even MI6 possibly.

WICK4 could do it.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Iirc TS3 admissions were less than 2.

It's debatable and there's no way to know for sure unless you have a detailed 3d share for the entire run? We know 60% for OW, but it would have kept losing 3d screens to new releases. So I'd guess 40-50% for the full run. Anything less than 43% share or so would likely give it the edge over TS2. 

Edited by MovieMan89

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

The range is pretty wide for estimating from early morning numbers; which are basically pre-sales and morning shows of East coast.

The early morning numbers suggest $40-42mn Friday. I will take these with pinch of salt because range for the two comps is pretty big and I am using the median of two, conservatively. There will be more clarity during mid day but don't expect any update, because its no MCU film that I will not sleep for. So next update 8-9 hours from now, unless I gave one in another hour or two or RTH fly by.

I am feeling more confident about upper limit than 2 hours ago. In fact, even $45mn is possible. But let's just stick $42mn for next 6-7 hours.

• Like 15
  • Astonished 2