That One Girl

Toy Story 4 Weekend Thread | Estimates: Small Soldiers 118, Puppet Master 14.1, Prince of Persia 12.2 (-30%), Blues Brothers 2000 10.8 (-64%), Beverly Hills Chihuahua: The Squeakquel 10.3 (-58%)

To be fair, I can understand how TS4 would be much more enjoyable in the context of not having seen the trilogy in awhile (aka the way 95%+ of audiences will see it). However, watching it with the trilogy, it feels less like a new movie and more like the greatest hits album. What do you do when your franchise has had a perfect and definitive ending already? Throw what worked from prior movies at people and do it well again (aka the Dory formula). 

Remember guys Deadline has said that Godzilla: King Of Monsters was going to do $60 million on Friday matinees(which I wish was more true than the real numbers). 

They are a lot like internet trolls, they want to get us on these forums and overreact and bitch at everything. That’s why people  leave or shit gets out of hands. Just let business be business. 

7 minutes ago, Damianport1 said:

How big of surprise was that 100+ opening from Aladdin? didn't follow that weekend but i think it  was a surprise?

Which is weird for me. This movie is one of the most beloved Disney classic. why people thought it would flop?

The weekend was $91.5m (it opened on a holiday weekend) but yeh people were surprised because of the negative reaction to the first trailer and it being rotten on RT. 

It is Aladdin though, so the opening should’ve been expected. The legs are the impressive part, IMO. 

5 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

Should be closer to 3.8M, right? 

I should think so. I heard in the tracking thread that there were Phoenix/TS4 doubles. If Aladdin only get a small minority of the doubles could be as low as perhaps 3.5. If it gets most of them even 4 wouldn’t be that surprising.

22 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Image result for shame gif

I legit don't know how to feel going into Toy Story 4 tomorrow lol. Some people are saying best in the franchise, others are saying it felt underwhelming.

Guess I'll just strap in and hope for the best :)

16 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

To be fair, I can understand how TS4 would be much more enjoyable in the context of not having seen the trilogy in awhile (aka the way 95%+ of audiences will see it). However, watching it with the trilogy, it feels less like a new movie and more like the greatest hits album. What do you do when your franchise has had a perfect and definitive ending already? Throw what worked from prior movies at people and do it well again (aka the Dory formula). 

Hope this isn't the case, I'm about to watch 2 and 3 again before seeing this one. Haven't seen 3 since 2010, and 2 since probably well before then. 

34 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Damn, Toy Story 4 is the movie TS3 should have been, it's so much better in almost every way imaginable. 

Pretty much imo. Toy Story 3 was a rehash of Toy Story 2 and the ending tried so hard to tug on your heartstrings while this actually took the story to some interesting places and the ending was emotional without feeling overbearing. Also, Gabby Gabby > the Purple Teddy Bear villain.

I find it really funny because I was so ready to hate this film (because I wanted no more Toy Story films) but it actually ended up being my second favourite toy story movie.

Edited by lorddemaxus

30 minutes ago, Damianport1 said:

They should also do the live action version of Little Mermaid. It would be another 300/400M grosser surely.

It's in the works, although no officialrelease  date had been announced.

Well this is the first toy Story movie that I have liked immensely. I related to the characters I loved the story and I really enjoyed the ending. Maybe I'm just at a point in my life where the themes in the movie resonate a bit more with me. I also really liked the Duke kaboom character so that helped out a lot.

• Like 11
  • Astonished 12