That One Girl

Toy Story 4 Weekend Thread | Estimates: Small Soldiers 118, Puppet Master 14.1, Prince of Persia 12.2 (-30%), Blues Brothers 2000 10.8 (-64%), Beverly Hills Chihuahua: The Squeakquel 10.3 (-58%)

5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Yes, movies try to make one cry just as they try to make one laugh but no one ever complains - damn that movie was manipulating my emotions by making me laugh. :rock:

yes, no one has ever complained about a movie trying too hard for a laugh.

• Haha 1

Toy Story 4 was so good. As someone who loves all of the three previous films in the franchise, it might just be my favorite film yet. The ending was so effective, and emotionally satisfying. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 7

14 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Yes, movies try to make one cry just as they try to make one laugh but no one ever complains - damn that movie was manipulating my emotions by making me laugh. :rock:

It's also not manipulation if it's earned, and TS3's damn sure is earned. 

20 minutes ago, Brinatico said:

Good to know TS4 is going to open big, but no the delusional estimate some here where pushing. 

Maybe next time some people wait before jumping the emotional train. 

Fingers crossed it's comfortably the 2nd highest OW DOM for an animated feature.

1 hour ago, baumer said:

Well this is the first toy Story movie that I have liked immensely. I related to the characters I loved the story and I really enjoyed the ending. Maybe I'm just at a point in my life where the themes in the movie resonate a bit more with me. I also really liked the Duke kaboom character so that helped out a lot.

MY HYPE IS SAVED

TAKE THAT PASTAMAN

• Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

49 minutes ago, Brinatico said:

Good to know TS4 is going to open big, but no the delusional estimate some here where pushing. 

Maybe next time some people wait before jumping the emotional train. 

LMAO the audacity of a Pokemon fan saying this 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

Anyone else hate the hyper-realistic environment animation in TS4? I don't understand the purpose of that at all in the medium. Why not just shoot using real locations in that case? The whole point of animation is supposed to be artistic flair and charm that you don't get with live action. Just compare the dog in Coco to that cat in TS4 that literally looks dropped in from the real world. Animation is going to lose the whole reason it's appealing to me if the future is hyper-realism. 

Which pixar movie has the exact amount of realness for you?

25 minutes ago, Blankments said:

MY HYPE IS SAVED

TAKE THAT PASTAMAN

I assume you know you were quoted in the Letterboxd Pixar short films list, yes? I did a little double-take seeing your user name pop up there when I read it this morning.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Webslinger said:

I assume you know you were quoted in the Letterboxd Pixar short films list, yes? I did a little double-take seeing your user name pop up there when I read it this morning.

Huh??