That One Girl

Toy Story 4 Weekend Thread | Estimates: Small Soldiers 118, Puppet Master 14.1, Prince of Persia 12.2 (-30%), Blues Brothers 2000 10.8 (-64%), Beverly Hills Chihuahua: The Squeakquel 10.3 (-58%)

1 hour ago, Fancyarcher said:

Toy Story 4 was so good. As someone who loves all of the three previous films in the franchise, it might just be my favorite film yet. The ending was so effective, and emotionally satisfying. 

Felt like proper closure although I suspect we’ll still get spin-off shorts and TV specials 

Although I’m happy no sequels are in the pipeline, I do wonder if we might get a third Monsters Inc film that wraps up Mike, Sully and Boo’s story in the future 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Felt like proper closure although I suspect we’ll still get spin-off shorts and TV specials 

Although I’m happy no sequels are in the pipeline, I do wonder if we might get a third Monsters Inc film that wraps up Mike, Sully and Boo’s story in the future 

TV specials seem like the right way to continue the franchise, although if they decided to do another film ten years down the line or something, I wouldn't mind it. 

• Like 1

I love the mental gymnastics of the people trying to pretend that Toy Story 4 is heading for disappointing numbers. Even if the film only opens with 125mil that is still a great opening. And this is coming from someone who predicted 161mil. 

• Like 4
  • Disbelief 1

Toy Story will finish with $400M+ at least. For a movie that pretty much everyone was eager to write off as nothing but a useless cash grab when it was first announced, that's a pretty great result, especially in what's been a rather bleak summer for the most part.

• Like 1

I predicted TS4 to end with mixed reviews and a gross below $300m. 

Its fantastic reviews and a likely OW of $130m is great...I never understood people thinking it would challenge I2.

• Like 1

Just now, Minnale101 said:

I’m a huge warner Bros fans. But no way to sugarcoat 

how hugely disappointing this year has been for warner Bros 

Disney is saving theatres owners a ton this year 

hopefully next decade goes swell for WB

All studios have off years, things look a bit rosier later in the year with It 2, Joker and Doctor Sleep and I imagine Annabelle Comes Home will do good business as well.

Its interesting that other studios with a few exceptions don’t follow the Pixar and WDAS model with story is king, it’s mostly about the movies as funny as possible. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

All studios have off years, things look a bit rosier later in the year with It 2, Joker and Doctor Sleep and I imagine Annabelle Comes Home will do good business as well.

Its interesting that other studios with a few exceptions don’t follow the Pixar and WDAS model with story is king, it’s mostly about the movies as funny as possible. 

Or cgi movies with garbage human characters 

Shazam was good tho 

It's not just Warner Bros. that are having a lackluster year. Pretty much every studio bar Disney is having a pretty meh year. The only non-Disney film that I would call close to a breakout is John Wick 3. Us would have been a breakout if its legs weren't so mediocre. 

11 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

It's not just Warner Bros. that are having a lackluster year. Pretty much every studio bar Disney is having a pretty meh year. The only non-Disney film that I would call close to a breakout is John Wick 3. Us would have been a breakout if its legs weren't so mediocre. 

The Upside had a multiplier of over 5x earlier this year so that's another. Rocketman will also be around a 3x multiplier near the end of its fourth weekend as well. Too bad Crawl and the Dora movie are Paramount's only releases between now and October cause they could've paired it up with something for a last push over $100M if it gets close enough ($90M+ is guaranteed at this point).

4 minutes ago, superduperm said:

He should take his time. At this point I’m afraid to even hear anything 😂

What I would consider bad is if it will go below TS3 unadjusted. Anything above that is fine for me. Not many 4th installments increase over the previous ones.

Edited by UserHN
  • Like 1