That One Girl

Toy Story 4 Weekend Thread | Estimates: Small Soldiers 118, Puppet Master 14.1, Prince of Persia 12.2 (-30%), Blues Brothers 2000 10.8 (-64%), Beverly Hills Chihuahua: The Squeakquel 10.3 (-58%)

Just now, KP1025 said:

This has to be one of the biggest downwards adjustments between release tracking/forecasts and weekend actuals. Considering trades yesterday were saying stuff like:

Yeah, I must admit this number is shocking given all of the tracking and the reviews and the dead box office. I'm not sure how it could be falling so below the forecasts without a factor like toxic reception or a major competitor being in the mix. It's been awhile since something like this has happened. 

Just now, DisposedData said:

Disappointment =/= Disaster

I'd rather edit a post that to say that only BOT is disappointed in a movie that made over 100 million in its opening week especially  when it could theoretically pick up over the weekend. 

I've been thinking the film was going to open around 115 million anyway.

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Justice League opened to 93M OW after tracking had it in the 110-120M range and was unanimously claimed as a disaster.  Tracking had this in the 150-200M range and is going to come in at least 30M below the low end of that range.

cause folks knew what legs it will have. ended at 230 dom on a 250+ prod budget and disappointed os. literally lost money with with <660 ww.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Justice League opened to 93M OW after tracking had it in the 110-120M range and was unanimously claimed as a disaster.  Tracking had this in the 150-200M range and is going to come in at least 30M below the low end of that range.

JL is supposed to be Avengers-level. The movie could have easily made over a billion. Must be a bummer to gross below C-lister Doctor Strange. Lol

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, a2k said:

109 ow, 3.3x gives 360 dom. looks like the high-end. i know it's too early to speculate but just saying.

still a very profitable number. even with 200 prod budget 4x+ that ww with a very healthy dom number relative to the budget means disney rakes it in.

Neither 109 OW or 360 DOM looks like a high end atm, i think

Just now, Yandereprime101189 said:

I'd rather edit a post that to say that only BOT is disappointed in a movie that made over 100 million in its opening week especially  when it could theoretically pick up over the weekend. 

I've been thinking the film was going to open around 115 million anyway.

Idk I just peeped the Reddit box office sub Reddit, people disappointed there too 

Welp, I guess the goddamn Lion King is gonna be the 600 juggernaut this board has been saying all along. I mean something has to make up the slack for this summer, otherwise we need to have some serious discussions about the prospects of the movie theater's demise. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Welp, I guess the goddamn Lion King is gonna be the 600 juggernaut this board has been saying all along. I mean something has to make up the slack for this summer, otherwise we need to have some serious discussions about the prospects of the movie theater's demise. 

I’d rather movie theaters die than lion king make that much money 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Knock It Off 1

52 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Alright, let's admit it. Disney saw it opening $140mn. Anything below that is straight out disaspointing, considering how conservative they usually are.

BTW @Menor how are Saturday pre-sales on pulse.

A bit below half of current Friday sales, fairly standard ratio. MIB and DP had similar.

Just now, Blankments said:

I’d rather movie theaters die than lion king make that much money 

I mean, I don't disagree with you there, but TLK kinda has to do something like that now or this summer is just a complete and epic disaster. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Big movies that will overperform this summer (exhaustive list):  

Endgame

John Wick 3

Aladdin

Far From Home    

:ph34r:

• Like 1

How did this get to lower than $120 million in the past 30 minutes? Or are people caught in a corrosive, contagious vortex of hyperbole?

Earlier today I thought that less than $140 million was extremely hard to believe but have accepted that it might happen. Under $120 million is laughable. I mean....seriously! People just chill!

Edited by jedijake