That One Girl

Toy Story 4 Weekend Thread | Estimates: Small Soldiers 118, Puppet Master 14.1, Prince of Persia 12.2 (-30%), Blues Brothers 2000 10.8 (-64%), Beverly Hills Chihuahua: The Squeakquel 10.3 (-58%)

1 minute ago, UserHN said:

Chill people. If you are this stressed over a movie's performance, get off this forum and r/boxoffice for a couple of weeks. Come back when FFH and TLK open. There's life beyond box office tracking. Discover how beautiful the world out there is 😆.

This is a lie. I’ve been to the real world. It’s ugly and cruel. Box office tracking is the one true bastion of glory left; without box office tracking, our society is nothing and we should all perish in a fiery pif

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

Just now, Porthos said:

Thing is though, EG wasn't that long ago.  I don't care if semantically speaking it wasn't summer.  An 835m movie is gonna have a looooooong shadow.  Then throw in a 150m movie almost immediately,  Then throw in a 325m+ movie.

THEN set aside movie going dollars for FFH and TLK.

Looking like they can't ALL hit their targets/potential is what I am starting to suspect.

Honestly I think it might be Aladdin doing the damage for toy story 4

aladdin is over performing like crazy. I had it under 200 million domestic 

its gonna do 325 million. It evens out the toy story 4 underperformance 

it’s been 2 months with endgame. I feel that storm past. 

Hopefully spider man and lion king nail it 

toy story 4 is a fantastic movie. I loved it. Still will be hugely profitable 

I’m not even into the Toy Story movies and didn’t plan on seeing TS4 as I’ve only seen the first and parts of the second one, but rooting for any movie to fail or underperform is super lame. Anyway, thanks for the estimates from the tracking thread and the 2 Asgards. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TLK said:

Pretty much every big movie going forward is going to disappoint. Spiderman , Lion King, Hobbs and Shaw. Spiderman is coming too soon after Endgame. You could see the interest in TLK drop after the second trailer was released. I am not sure a FF spin-off without the main FF cast will work all that great in the domestic market. 

I'm starting to believe this.

10 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

And yet you seem to be so eager in throwing it under the bus so early. . . .

I’m just telling it like it is.

People we’re not predicting this to open around TS3. People were expecting much higher. Not necessarily $200M, but certainly in between Finding Dory and Incredibles 2.

I really, REALLY want to see this do well. But the fact is it’s underperforming massively and so far it’s only been trending downward.

3 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Chill people. If you are this stressed over a movie's performance, get off this forum and r/boxoffice for a couple of weeks. Come back when FFH and TLK open. There's life beyond box office tracking. Discover how beautiful the world is out there 😆.

This what 90% of the posters in detective pikachu and Godzilla threads did but box office is too interesting for me too take break 😆

1 minute ago, TMP said:

I hope Lion King goes over $200m OW. Would be epic af!!

That said, starting to believe in... FFH $150m 6-day... just feels like that kind of summer.

I’d cry for the state of cinema. If the lion king makes that much; what will the point be anymore? Cinema will burn like the roof of Norte Dame, cats and dogs 3 will get green lit and the highest grosser of 2025 will be Luc besson’s live action cars remake

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

If TS4 misses 100 can we officially call the 200 reports from Deadline their biggest fuck up of all the times? 

Yes. Although I don't think it will miss $100M.

Just now, Blankments said:

I’d cry for the state of cinema. If the lion king makes that much; what will the point be anymore? Cinema will burn like the roof of Norte Dame, cats and dogs 3 will get green lit and the highest grosser of 2025 will be Luc besson’s live action cars remake

Lion King looks like the most epic film of the year. Hoping for $600m+ domestic 🤞🤞

• Disbelief 1

7 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Chill people. If you are this stressed over a movie's performance, get off this forum and r/boxoffice for a couple of weeks. Come back when FFH and TLK open. There's life beyond box office tracking. Discover how beautiful the world is out there 😆.

The unexpected ups and downs are what it’s all about though. Weekends where a movie opens to an expected 50M are the worst ones.

Just now, Blaze Heatnix said:

I told you..People are saving their hard money to watch Spider Man.

Spider-Man they can watch for free on Netflix. They’re probably waiting for their marches to burn down the theaters 

• Like 2

who the hell is that analyst that keeps throwing the 200M figure around for TS4? it might literally open to 100M less than that :jeb!:

ngl though I'm a bit surprised that TS4 is opening way way behind I2 after beating it's pre-sales record for the first 24 hours (yeah I know pre-sales are always getting heavier every year but that record was just a year ago that's not much time to blame it on pre-sales inflation, so I thought TS4 could at least come close to I2 numbers).