That One Girl

Toy Story 4 Weekend Thread | Estimates: Small Soldiers 118, Puppet Master 14.1, Prince of Persia 12.2 (-30%), Blues Brothers 2000 10.8 (-64%), Beverly Hills Chihuahua: The Squeakquel 10.3 (-58%)

Just now, a2k said:

RT Aud score is steady at 96%...thought it would have dipped by now.

TS3 is 89%.

Speaking of RT, it’s three more fresh reviews from getting back to RT.

IDK if Metacritic is done adding reviews but it’s at an 84 still.

1 hour ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Only BOT can make a 110-120 million opening sound like a disaster.

Because only BOT hypes Disney to infinity and beyond so of course it’s a disaster to them 

Just now, VENOM said:

Because only BOT hypes Disney to infinity and beyond so of course it’s a disaster to them 

I didn’t buy any of the hype. Never thought $200M was even remotely realistic nor did I think I2’s record was touchable.

And as someone who firmly believed those things, this weekend is very much disappointing. You people realize there’s about $70M worth between $110M and $180M right? Not at least opening in the middle of that range is pretty darn disappointing.

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

Important movie this weekend is doing well again, everyone cancel the meltdowns.

ALADDIN is gonna do 3.5x it's inflated 3-day ow. :ohmyzod:

320.25 dom needed for that.

It will be close to 288 after this weekend of 12.5

Adding 3x that will give it 325.5 dom

2 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Only Pixar film underwhelming to me is A Good Dinosaur. That said, i won't re-watch Brave and any of Cars film, except may be cars 3.

Iirc Brave is A+ 😛

Brave has an A.

Exactly one-third of the Pixar films have an A+. Toy Story 2 is the only TS film that has one, the rest have A’s.

The one that’s bizarre to me is I2 with an A+. It’s a good movie obviously but not better than TS3, Inside Out etc.

11 yo prophecy :

tenor.gif?itemid=5471514

bd6d96fcc6a5009ed16ff67f18578cc3.jpg

Why should I go to the movies ?

I can stream movies directly to my butt without moving an inch.

While my diabetes is monitored by the AI of my Smartphone.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, superduperm said:

I didn’t buy any of the hype. Never thought $200M was even remotely realistic nor did I think I2’s record was touchable.

And as someone who firmly believed those things, this weekend is very much disappointing. You people realize there’s about $70M worth between $110M and $180M right? Not at least opening in the middle of that range is pretty darn disappointing.

No I agree it’s disappointing for them and they should be disappointed after hyping Disney up that much. I mean why would it open at 180? Was anyone really asking for toy story 4? I’m just saying outside of comic book movies does Disney have much to offer that anyone wants to see? Maybe they might get lucky with the odd remake or avatar movie but generally speaking there movies outside of MCU make modest amounts.

9 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

11 yo prophecy :

tenor.gif?itemid=5471514

bd6d96fcc6a5009ed16ff67f18578cc3.jpg

Why should I go to the movies ?

I can stream movies directly to my butt without moving an inch.

While my diabetes is monitored by the AI of my Smartphone.

using a much cheaper deal, not surrounded by noisy kids and folks who are on their phone in the theatre while being enticed by costly food and drinks (diabetes unfriendly).

Edited by a2k