That One Girl

Toy Story 4 Weekend Thread | Estimates: Small Soldiers 118, Puppet Master 14.1, Prince of Persia 12.2 (-30%), Blues Brothers 2000 10.8 (-64%), Beverly Hills Chihuahua: The Squeakquel 10.3 (-58%)

3 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Hope TLK doesn’t end with a disappointing OW like all the rest of the underperformers this summer.

TLK is probably the only movie aside from Endgame that can effort to have a poor OW and still do 1-billion Overseas minus DOM.

IF you add 300M dom it becomes total 1.3BWW

Edited by Geo1500

15 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Then I’ve got a pretty simple question for ya:   

What movie is Captain Marvel a sequel to?

The reason why I count captain marvel as a sequel is because the only reason it was made was to bring captain marvel into EG so even though it didn’t happen after IW it’s still a sequel of the MCU, I mean that’s why it’s called the MCU right? All these films and characters are just sequels of each other that dip in and out of different timelines. You can’t call them original movies.

Edited by VENOM

1 minute ago, VENOM said:

The reason why I count captain marvel as a sequel is because the only reason it was made was to bring captain marvel into EG so even though it didn’t happen after IW it’s still a sequel of the MCU, I mean that’s why it’s called the MCU right? All these films and characters are just sequels of each other the dip in and out of different timelines. You can’t call them original movies.

it's sad they weren't as original as Venom 

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

She was established in IW even if she wasn’t explicitly in it, and nah this theoretical movie could probably be pretty similar.  Just adjust the names/costumes of a few of the people so they don’t get sued.  They can rename Captain Marvel to Captain [other brand name], Nick Fury can become Dick Rage, you get the gist.

that can be said about any movie though, Batman movies wouldn't make as much money if you called them Birdman. 

movies being based on popular IPs from pop culture is not a bad thing, not sure why people have an issue with that.

Edited by RealLyre
word

6 minutes ago, VENOM said:

The reason why I count captain marvel as a sequel is because the only reason it was made was to bring captain marvel into EG so even though it didn’t happen after IW it’s still a sequel of the MCU, I mean that’s why it’s called the MCU right? All these films and characters are just sequels of each other that dip in and out of different timelines. You can’t call them original movies.

They weren’t original, but being part of a cinematic universe and being a sequel aren’t the same thing.     

Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Cap: The First Avenger, The Avengers, GotG, Ant-Man, Doctor Strange, Spider-Man Homecoming, Black Panther, and Captain Marvel are all non-sequel MCU movies (soon to be joined by Black Widow, Eternals, and Shang-Chi). The rest are sequels.

• Thanks 1

To me it's not really about toy story being down. It's about the entire box office quarter will be down alot because of toy story not making enough money lol. Quarter was already going to be down and now it will be down more than 5% compared to last year. And that's just bad for theater industry. Especially after the first quarter being a disaster for them. 

7 minutes ago, VENOM said:

The reason why I count captain marvel as a sequel is because the only reason it was made was to bring captain marvel into EG so even though it didn’t happen after IW it’s still a sequel of the MCU, I mean that’s why it’s called the MCU right?

OOOOOOOOOR Maybe It Was Made because Captain Marvel/Carol Danvers is amazing, fans have been asking for the movie since like 2012, and it was about time the MCU launched a franchise with a female lead?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

They weren’t original, but being part of a cinematic universe and being a sequel aren’t the same thing.     

Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Cap: The First Avenger, The Avengers, GotG, Ant-Man, Doctor Strange, Spider-Man Homecoming, Black Panther, and Captain Marvel are all non-sequel MCU movies (soon to be joined by Black Widow, Eternals, and Shang-Chi). The rest are sequels.

at least you can call movies like homecoming and Black Panther "spin-offs" since the titular character appeared in an MCU movie before. but that can't be said for Captain Marvel:rock:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

TLK is probably the only movie aside from Endgame that can effort to have a poor OW and still do 1-billion Overseas minus DOM.

IF you add 300M dom it becomes total 1.3BWW

Unless The Lion King is some sort of unwatchable mess there's no world in which that movie makes "only" $300 million in North America. I get what point you were trying to make, and this is not necessarily directed at you but more in general. In my mind The Lion King is a guaranteed $500+ million domestically, which is why I have it in the 1.5-2 Billy range, 1+ billy OS, 0.5 Billy NA.

Edited by AlexMA

16 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Hope TLK doesn’t end with a disappointing OW like all the rest of the underperformers this summer.

IMO I don’t see that happening. What’s really going to help TLK over perform is it being a musical. Like what happened with like Aladdin and B&tB.

Hasn't Rth been more right than Charlie? I'm pretty sure Charlie had given higher numbers than Rth a few times before and brought them back down to Rth's numbers.

Either way, Aladdin looking to make more than Toy Story 4 is probably the worst thing to happen in the boxoffice this year.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, AlexMA said:

Unless The Lion King is some sort of unwatchable mess there's no world in which that movie makes "only" $300 million in North America. I get what point you were trying to make, and this is not necessarily directed at you but more in general. In my mind, and I've been doing this long enough to know a thing or two about what the hell I'm talking about, The Lion King is a guaranteed $500+ million domestically, which is why I have it in the 1.5-2 Billy range, 1+ billy OS, 0.5 Billy NA.

It was just an example and I wanted to point out that even a poor OW will not hurt TLK

3 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

at least you can call movies like homecoming and Black Panther "spin-offs" since the titular character appeared in an MCU movie before. but that can't be said for Captain Marvel:rock:

I was also a bit nervous including The Avengers, which isn’t like, *technicallly* a sequel, but plays basically as Iron Man 2.5 with the villain imported from Thor1 and the Macguffin imported from Cap1. The rest are pretty clear cut cases.

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Hasn't Rth been more right than Charlie? I'm pretty sure Charlie had given higher numbers than Rth a few times before and brought them back down to Rth's numbers.

Either way, Aladdin looking to make more than Toy Story 4 is probably the worst thing to happen in the boxoffice this year.

? ts4 can hit 1 bill

6 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

With a 226 mil WW OW (will probably go down) and likely weaker legs than Aladdin, I don't see that happening. I'm expecting around 950 mil WW.

however it will make 100 mill ow os alone, and thats without some of the major markets