That One Girl

Toy Story 4 Weekend Thread | Estimates: Small Soldiers 118, Puppet Master 14.1, Prince of Persia 12.2 (-30%), Blues Brothers 2000 10.8 (-64%), Beverly Hills Chihuahua: The Squeakquel 10.3 (-58%)

19 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

48.3M according to Deadline. 

+ biggest promotional partner push ever for a Disney animation valued at $150m. Infinity War was $150m+. These partnerships can offset some of the P&A spend, but we never seem to consider them here when trying to guess profit range 

3 minutes ago, picores said:

48m Friday should led to 125-130m OW. 

how? it's unlikely to get a 20% sat bump from true friday in june looking at pixar history. and even that followed by 20% sun hold just gets it over 125.

43.2 (+20%)

34.6 (-20%)

= 125.8

EDIT: With Charlie's new numbers these Sat and Sun holds give ~122.

Edited by a2k

2 minutes ago, a2k said:

how? it's unlikely to get a 20% sat bump from true friday in june looking at pixar history. and even that followed by 20% sun hold just gets it over 125.

43.2 (+20%)

34.6 (-20%)

= 125.8

EDIT: With Charlie's new numbers these Sat and Sun holds give ~122.

Saturday preslaes on pulse 34,551  ...so i have doubt also ... movie wont jump 20% ...

115 M ...

Aladdin should beat CP next weekend. If Yesterday debuts small enough it could get a 6th top 3. Last movies with 6 consecutive top 3s Aquaman, Grinch, BP (7).

... Jumanji (7), BatB

Edited by Thanos Legion

7 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Is it happening because Disney didn't sacrificed Aladdin on memorial day weekend. :ohmyzod:

I know it's a joke but honestly Disney's lack of Memorial Day release successes had always helped their June Pixar films seeing as it's usually the next big event after the May MCU Film. Aladdin doing so well must have had an effect on Toy Story 4.

• Like 1

Friday

TS 4: $47mn   (---/----) (Pure Friday :$35mn)

Child Play: $5.9mn     (---/----)

Aladdin: $3.8mn ( +55.4% / -20.5%)

SLOP 2: $3.15mn ( +3.8% / -54.5%)

MIBI: $3.1mn (+48.8% / -----)

RM: $1.55mn ( +42% / -33.6%)

Anna: $1.35mn (---/----)

JW 3: $1.1mn  ( +63.5% / -23.5%)

KoTM: $1mn ( +41% / -55.2%)

DP: $1mn ( +40.5% / -58%)

Endgame: $510k ( +34.4% / -38.7%)

Edited by PKMLover
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I said about a month or so ago that because Toy Story 4, Spider-man FFH, and The Lion King are releasing only two weeks apart from each other, one of them will fail to reach a billion. My bet was Spider-man but seems like Toy Story 4 will end up being the one. Maybe FFH could also fail to reach a billion too because everyone is saving up for TLK.

I'm excited for next year's boxoffice so much more than this year because the much weaker slate means that it is easier for us to get overperformers. I mean it has to be the least crowded year since 2014 right?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I said about a month or so ago that because Toy Story 4, Spider-man FFH, and The Lion King are releasing only two weeks apart from each other, one of them will fail to reach a billion. My bet was Spider-man but seems like Toy Story 4 will end up being the one. Maybe FFH could also fail to reach a billion too because everyone is saving up for TLK.

I'm excited for next year's boxoffice so much more than this year because the much weaker slate means that it is easier for us to get overperformers. I mean it has to be the least crowded year since 2014 right?

I think FFH might miss a billie too.

2 minutes ago, ElsaRoc said:

That Endgame number feels kinda weak, considering the extra footage. 

No extra footage until next weekend, fans in the know are disincentives from seeing it in the next 6 days for that reason

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ElsaRoc said:

That Endgame number feels kinda weak, considering the extra footage. 

That’s next weekend. This is actually deflated a bit because of the expansion next weekend