That One Girl

Toy Story 4 Weekend Thread | Estimates: Small Soldiers 118, Puppet Master 14.1, Prince of Persia 12.2 (-30%), Blues Brothers 2000 10.8 (-64%), Beverly Hills Chihuahua: The Squeakquel 10.3 (-58%)

2 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I for one would love to see Aladdin breakout even further and hit $350mn. 

This weekend could go on to add $13.5mn ($289mn), which will be under 25% drop.

Solo did 2.45x after its 5th weekend (overall 1.5x). Aladdin assuming $350mn would be 2.84x after 1st weekend; extrapolating those will give 4.6x for Aladdin after 5th weekend i.e. $62mn.

Bingoo.

Warning: The above post is just for case of speculation; only after Aladdin did 350, this will be used as bragging rights.

So Aladdin is really getting ready for the billie and TS4 will probably die with +900M.

Funny how the world works, i was expecting the opposite hahah

Pets 2 seems like an absolute disaster to me. The first one made so much money and seems to be well liked by audiences that I honestly thought it would be a bigger event than TS4.

Then it did just a little over 40 million (I was predicting 130, possibly even higher but that's my fault because I didn't pay attention to how BOT was tracking it). They also screwed up the marketing. The first movie had marketing EVERYWHERE for months. This started doing it with multiple character trailers then sorta died off and had ........almost sub-standard marketing. It's an enigma.

It's been a weird summer, but I'm actually glad Aladdin gave a middle finger to expectations and.......actually seems like it's destroyed a lot of movies in its wake.

23 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

No one is going to get a Buzz, or a Woody for that matter over those numbers.

those number make deadline look like mr. potato head

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I for one would love to see Aladdin breakout even further and hit $350mn. 

This weekend could go on to add $13.5mn ($289mn), which will be under 25% drop.

Solo did 2.45x after its 5th weekend (overall 1.5x). Aladdin assuming $350mn would be 2.84x after 1st weekend; extrapolating those will give 4.6x for Aladdin after 5th weekend i.e. $62mn.

Bingoo.

Warning: The above post is just for case of speculation; only after Aladdin did 350, this will be used as bragging rights.

You nailed this with your $900 million club Charlie. This movie looks like it’s going to flirt with $100 million in Japan. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Yesterday you’re early projection was right on spot, let’s hope the trend continues because these are really good numbers.

yes .. Trend is been increasing on pulse ....

presales 36,049 ..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

So Aladdin is really getting ready for the billie and TS4 will probably die with +900M.

Funny how the world works, i was expecting the opposite hahah

TS4 has huge start in SA countries ... ARG (record OD) ... Poor in Russia ... Korea is been good ...  yeah $1 B is in danger ...

most probably $1 B will depend on European markets ..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Friday

TS 4: $47mn

Child Play: $5.9mn

Aladdin: $3.8mn

SLOP 2: $3.15mn

MIBI: $3.1mn

RM: $1.55mn

Anna: $1.35mn

JW 3: $1.1mn

KoTM: $1mn

DP: $1mn

Endgame: $510k

Will be interesting to see how good WOM is for TS4, if it is Aladdin like then I expect it's Saturday and Sunday will end up being better and have really good legs. From other post it sounds like its sales for Saturday are off to a good start. But as always the numbers will show us how good WOM is.

WOW for Aladdin. It could pass AWE and be within a 1M of IJ by the end of the weekend for same weekend cumulative numbers Another top 3 finish for it likely. Looks very likely that it will be the highest grossing MD opener ever.

SLOP2 held well on Thursday but I wanted to see a Friday number as it could have been just because it lost evening shows and it is a movie that likely skews to earlier shows. It looks like it got walloped by TS4 yesterday. Less than 5% increase. See if it recovers over the weekend at all.

That's actually a good jump for MIB. Maybe it won't fade quite as fast as thought. RM looks good to.

The jumps for XDP and KOTM do not look good. They look like strong candidates to have their theater counts slashed next week when Yesterday and the AE re-release come out.

• Like 1