That One Girl

Toy Story 4 Weekend Thread | Estimates: Small Soldiers 118, Puppet Master 14.1, Prince of Persia 12.2 (-30%), Blues Brothers 2000 10.8 (-64%), Beverly Hills Chihuahua: The Squeakquel 10.3 (-58%)

3 minutes ago, UserHN said:

It's the fault of Deadline for raising the expectations so high. I will be contented with just Dory numbers but based on Menor's Pulse tracking, I think even Dory numbers is off the table. So I'll just be ok with $120M OW. Hoping for a billion worldwide.

I mean it's the fault of people who think a number that doesn't approach I2 is disappointing. Deadline had a part in that, but there are many who also can't take a step back and look rationally at what is going to be a massive OW for an animated film (which is guaranteed to have really good legs as well).

Edited by Jayhawk
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

I mean it's the fault of people who think a number that doesn't approach I2 is disappointing. Deadline had a part in that, but there are many who also can't take a step back and look rationally at what is going to be a massive OW for an animated film (which is guaranteed to have really good legs as well).

Yes. I agree. That's why I'll be ok with a $120M OW.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Just now, CJohn said:

12M TROLOLOLOLOLOL FAILURE

Spoiler

I know CJohn is doing his bit 😛

10 minutes ago, UserHN said:

It's the fault of Deadline for raising the expectations so high. I will be contented with just Dory numbers but based on Menor's Pulse tracking, I think even Dory numbers is off the table. So I'll just be ok with $120M OW. Still hoping for a billion worldwide at least. OS markets don't fail us. Lol

Early days, could get walk ins to boost it to Dory levels although it would need quite a bit. By Charlie's early range 130+ is possible on the high end, and he has actual numbers

Edited by Menor

3 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Beating Incredibles 2 always seemed unrealistic but Deadline throws a ridiculous number out and now the peanut gallery will say ONLY 150? WELL THAT'S DISAPPOINTING.

BOM predicted $165m. 

BO predicted $149m. 

Variety said $140m+ 

THR said “is pegged to debut in the $150-200m range” yesterday (20th June) 

20 minutes ago, UserHN said:

It's the fault of Deadline for raising the expectations so high. I will be contented with just Dory numbers but based on Menor's Pulse tracking, I think even Dory numbers is off the table. So I'll just be ok with $120M OW. Still hoping for a billion worldwide at least. OS markets don't fail us. Lol

People have a right to be disappointed with $120M. That would be lower than the OW’s of Shrek the Garbage and TS3 adjusted.

Toy Story 4 should have no problem sticking around for the remainder of the summer with great legs even from a $140-150M opening. Regardless, its opening is definitely looking to be a major cure for the box office blues of the last few weeks.

10 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Only $10m more than the last film 9 years ago? 

I think this will do $150m+ 

Nope. Based on Charlie's estimated pure Fri numbers (38M-40M), I don't think it can go to $150M.

I'll be a tad disappointed with "only" $120M only cause it'll make $500M DOM final total difficult. 

But yeah Disney definitely will take this massive win with all the other tentpole failures this summer.

It's gonna outgross Shrek the Third by around $100M anyways so not sure why everyone is dredging up the fact it may make less than that film on OW.

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr