That One Girl

Toy Story 4 Weekend Thread | Estimates: Small Soldiers 118, Puppet Master 14.1, Prince of Persia 12.2 (-30%), Blues Brothers 2000 10.8 (-64%), Beverly Hills Chihuahua: The Squeakquel 10.3 (-58%)

19 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Do we know if Charlie or Rth will passby tonight for some Saturday numbers action?

It’s 6AM or something for Jatinder, but he’ll drop some numbers after waking up if history is any indication.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Just when I think Tree has posted the dumbest thing he's ever posted, he always finds new ways to top himself.  I gotta give him props for staying on brand

I always thought he is among sensible one but now seems like just another racist uncle.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Something about TS4 just doesn’t feel theatrically urgent at all. I am both certain I’ll see it eventually but absolutely chill with not doing so in its first month of release, which wasn’t the case at all for this year’s other 100+ openers.

You are right about that. I am also thinking either Sunday night or weekdays. Re-watched Dark Season 1 in last two days, as I had almost forgotten most of it for S2.

Just now, Charlie Jatinder said:

You are right about that. I am also thinking either Sunday night or weekdays. Re-watched Dark Season 1 in last two days, as I had almost forgotten most of it for S2.

Dark is so hard to follow. Like, I have documents on my computer with notes about season 1 stuff while I watched back in December 2017 lmao.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

How’s Saturday looking @Charlie Jatinder?

Saturday was boring. Sunday looks good as I will be watching Dark S2 and leave home after 2 months of break.

If you meant boxoffice wise, wait for sometime. It's Sunday, my source might not be up yet, also last night was match which went pretty late.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, LonePirate said:

If someone had an ex who resembled Halle and the mere sight of her brought back bad memories, then I could understand why someone did not find her attractive. Or, if you had been blessed and you have a current gf/wife/partner who is hotter than Halle, then I could understand why you would not find her attractive. Otherwise, Halle is arguably one of the most beautiful women to have ever graced the silver screen. 

Completely unrelated with the point that you are trying to make, but:

My current gf and past partners/gfs are all hot as hell, most of them I’m still good friends with. I’ve dated women from all ethnicities and there are quite one hell of lot amazingly stunning women in Hollywood. But I don’t find Halle Berry attractive at all, never did. My current gf is jealous of Zoe Saldana btw, but it’s all in good fun since she won’t shut up about Hemsworth or Boseman either lol.

As for @Avatree:

YIKES.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Saturday was boring. Sunday looks good as I will be watching Dark S2 and leave home after 2 months of break.

If you meant boxoffice wise, wait for sometime. It's Sunday, my source might not be up yet, also last night was match which went pretty late.

Haha. I meant box office but happy to see your Saturday was as boring as mine 🤣

1 hour ago, Geo1500 said:

Everything has a beginning. I was surprised how that franchise shaped a whole generations in 00s and 10s and unfortunately in accidental manner is the in-direct cause of many young teenagers dying behind the wheel. They started an unfortunate trend. 

But nonetheless it was a timeless gigantic classic that has come to shape two decades of generations. I have personally seen alot of people copying Fast and furious cars and having illegal races just like they did in the movies. I am not taking anything away from the franchise it was a megahit without further argument

Obviously you weren’t familiar with the import scene in California and Florida. Those types of races had been going on for years before the movie. It’s what Fast and Furious was based on. It didn’t start any real trend. Just glamorized a car scene that had already exploded in the mid 90’s. 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

From OS thread.

So $38mn Through Friday. In my experience, that would be 14 and 24 on Thurs and Friday respectively.

I am expecting 45-48 on Saturday and 40-42mn Approx Sunday. That will go for $125mn weekend.

Its summer and wom is great, can expect legs to hit 3.5x or higher as most markets are leggy ones. Thats bodes to $435mn or higher.

There's still Italy, France, Germany, Netherlands and Japan left. TS3 did $210mn in these. Expecting atleast $175mn from this, that's reasonable?

That will give around $600mn plus with scope of going to $650mn.

Domestic, with I2 legs from pure FSS, which faced Fallen Kingdom in week 2, will do $411mn, that's pretty much floor.

I don't think billion dollar is done yet. It still can get there.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5