That One Girl

Toy Story 4 Weekend Thread | Estimates: Small Soldiers 118, Puppet Master 14.1, Prince of Persia 12.2 (-30%), Blues Brothers 2000 10.8 (-64%), Beverly Hills Chihuahua: The Squeakquel 10.3 (-58%)

2 minutes ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

344vm0.jpg

So I guess a box office franchise total of $2.9b means nothing to you

memers didn't exist in 2001. now they're all that's left. the lingering maggots still feasting on the corpse of this franchise.

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

memers didn't exist in 2001. now they're all that's left. the lingering maggots still feasting on the corpse of this franchise.

I'll have you know that I was memeing since I was first born on April 20, 1995. First thing I did when I came out my mama was pull out a pair of sunglasses, lit a joint in my mouth and said my first words, "Blaze it, Fuckbois". I then did a Fortnite dance to top it all off.

Edited by LOGAN'sLuckyRun
  • Like 2
  • Astonished 3

Just now, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

I'll have you know that I was memeing since I was first born on April 20, 1995. First thing I did when I came out my mama was pull out a pair of sunglasses, lit a joint in my mouth and said "Blaze it, Fuckbois" and then did a Fortnite dance. 

Ok, this is epic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 2

Ouch at June box office! Toy Story 4 pulled in below expectations which is disappointing. But as from what I’ve been reading from deadline or Box Office Pro is that the other Pixar films had Father’s Day benefits. However, the debut is ahead of Toy Story 3 back in 2010. And on a bright side the film should have decent sized legs and make above Toy Story 3 domestic.

Child’s Play debuted on-par with expectations although lower again. But hey it has a low budget. It’s debut though is on-par with the adjusted opening weekend of the original film, but is below the adjusted opening weekend of Bride Of Chucky which would do $22.7 million in today’s ticket prices. Child’s Play will probably disappear as horror fans may wanna go see Annabelle 3 on Wednesday and with mixed word of mouth this will drop off quick. However $30-$35 million will be a tidy profit for its domestic total.

Aladdin still hanging on the top 3 charts, the film should do close to $965 million Worldwide maybe even a billion. Domestic side should be close above $325 million domestic. 

Men In Black:International is dying off quick in the states. This is a definite sign that if you don’t have the household names in your franchise, you won’t do shit. The film will still more likely do below the 7-day total of Men In Black 3, and should remain likely to do close to $70 million domestic.

As expected, Secret Life Of Pets 2 got hit by Toy Story. More likely dailies in the summer will help it pay off its debt. But should do $145 million total. 

Rocketman proves to be a solid summer story, as legs are strong in the past few weeks as I have mentioned before. Unless, it dies off the face of the earth in a few weeks(I hope not and I don’t think it will), $100 million or more should be in play. 

John Wick Still holding up strong as it has.  160 is a comin. 

Godzilla passed $100 million, but probably not enough to save it. Dark Phoenix is now the biggest bomb of 2019, Fox is in deep shit this year. Shaft is dead. 

Anna bombed spectacularly maybe it should’ve been a VOD film. Late night who cares. 

I hope next month does solid. This summer is beginning to feel like summer 2014. Hell that summer was more appealing, you had 22 Jump Street outdo Dragon. Or Lucy & Fault In Our Stars outgross The Rock, Adam Sandler, and Tom Cruise. Or Maleficent do better than superheroes, Apes, Robots, and Godzilla.  

• Like 3

One good thing about the last 3 years in animation being almost nothing but sequels is that studios have effectively exhausted the vast majority of their guaranteed huge sequel hits. This will force them to have to come up with original ideas going forward or face inevitable diminishing returns and eventual bombs if they keep making sequels no one asked for. The one exception is WDAS, who could make sequels to pretty much all of their revival films that would be surefire hits, which is what worries me. I really hope they don't and Frozen 2 is it. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

I'll have you know that I was memeing since I was first born on April 20, 1995. First thing I did when I came out my mama was pull out a pair of sunglasses, lit a joint in my mouth and said my first words, "Blaze it, Fuckbois". I then did a Fortnite dance to top it all off.

Sooo, Boss Baby was a gender flipped documentary after all? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Ouch at June box office! Toy Story 4 pulled in below expectations which is disappointing. But as from what I’ve been reading from deadline or Box Office Pro is that the other Pixar films had Father’s Day benefits. However, the debut is ahead of Toy Story 3 back in 2010. And on a bright side the film should have decent sized legs and make above Toy Story 3 domestic.

Child’s Play debuted on-par with expectations although lower again. But hey it has a low budget. It’s debut though is on-par with the adjusted opening weekend of the original film, but is below the adjusted opening weekend of Bride Of Chucky which would do $22.7 million in today’s ticket prices. Child’s Play will probably disappear as horror fans may wanna go see Annabelle 3 on Wednesday and with mixed word of mouth this will drop off quick. However $30-$35 million will be a tidy profit for its domestic total.

Aladdin still hanging on the top 3 charts, the film should do close to $965 million Worldwide maybe even a billion. Domestic side should be close above $325 million domestic. 

Men In Black:International is dying off quick in the states. This is a definite sign that if you don’t have the household names in your franchise, you won’t do shit. The film will still more likely do below the 7-day total of Men In Black 3, and should remain likely to do close to $70 million domestic.

As expected, Secret Life Of Pets 2 got hit by Toy Story. More likely dailies in the summer will help it pay off its debt. But should do $145 million total. 

Rocketman proves to be a solid summer story, as legs are strong in the past few weeks as I have mentioned before. Unless, it dies off the face of the earth in a few weeks(I hope not and I don’t think it will), $100 million or more should be in play. 

John Wick Still holding up strong as it has.  160 is a comin. 

Godzilla passed $100 million, but probably not enough to save it. Dark Phoenix is now the biggest bomb of 2019, Fox is in deep shit this year. Shaft is dead. 

Anna bombed spectacularly maybe it should’ve been a VOD film. Late night who cares. 

I hope next month does solid. This summer is beginning to feel like summer 2014. Hell that summer was more appealing, you had 22 Jump Street outdo Dragon. Or Lucy & Fault In Our Stars outgross The Rock, Adam Sandler, and Tom Cruise. Or Maleficent do better than superheroes, Apes, Robots, and Godzilla.  

How is Fox in deep shit they’re brought off lol...

• Like 1

This Anthony guy on deadline is seriously biased toward Disney. They had at $160-200 million and its way off on that with $118 million. The excuse he use is "Disney leaves money on table":hahaha: How does he even come up with this drivel. Why does he not use this term for other movies he or deadline think should do better. With other studios he trashes them and throwing out those insane budgets. Just crazy.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, gary said:

This Anthony guy on deadline is seriously biased toward Disney. 

I too remember how Deadline over-predicted Aladdin and Endgame before their OWs.

• Haha 3