That One Girl

Toy Story 4 Weekend Thread | Estimates: Small Soldiers 118, Puppet Master 14.1, Prince of Persia 12.2 (-30%), Blues Brothers 2000 10.8 (-64%), Beverly Hills Chihuahua: The Squeakquel 10.3 (-58%)

1 hour ago, MrPink said:

Comic book films are our lord and savior.

need more original movies to break out. When's the last time that happened? US? Maybe if we get enough original blockbusters, we'll get a good one eventually.

10 minutes ago, MrPink said:

This one?

Thanks bro. 

It must have been lost in time since last post was from Last month. The mods should make it sticky. Keep the thread high up you filthy casuals 😉

Edited by Geo1500
  • Like 1

Toy Story OW is not a disappointment. Just that early tracking inflated expectations. Its OS numbers in LA have been exceptional. for a 4th movie its having a great run. it will at least gross 900m with a potential for 1B. For domestic I want to see how weekdays are before predicting legs. Next weekend being open definitely will help.

That said there is still endgame effect of sucking life out of BO. I know Aladdin over performed that is bcos expectations were very less. That was 2nd biggest Animation from disney in early 90s. in an ideal world we would have had much bigger expectations.

I am still optimistic Lion King will have a great OW and run and One Upon will be the 1st non disney break out of the summer. Hobbs and Shaw should do great in OS markets as well. Then we have IT2 and Joker in fall as well.

Endgame having a historical run in a way is negative for overall BO, Next year we will have more equitable distribution that should help in having more break outs. Its no fun having week after week doing worse than expectations.

• Like 1