That One Girl

Toy Story 4 Weekend Thread | Estimates: Small Soldiers 118, Puppet Master 14.1, Prince of Persia 12.2 (-30%), Blues Brothers 2000 10.8 (-64%), Beverly Hills Chihuahua: The Squeakquel 10.3 (-58%)

2 hours ago, RamblinRed said:

Great Sunday hold for TS4. Sub 15% drop.

As expected Aladdin also had a great Sunday hold.

Also with Annabelle coming out on Wednesday are MIB and Shaft protected from losing theaters until Thursday night or can theaters take screens from them on Tuesday evening? That makes a big difference on which movies are likely to lose alot of screens come Tuesday night.

If they are protected until Thursday then SLOP2, LN, KOTM and XDP are the movies that will lose screens on Tuesday.

Shaft will likely lose theaters on Wednesday since Annabelle is from the same studio.

39 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Yikes, just noticed BOM says that nearly half the audience was over 25 for TS4's OW. I wonder how high the percentage was for over 18? That doesn't seem remotely normal for animation and if kids aren't that interested the multi for it  could be rough. 

It was really pre-sale loaded. Par Incredible 2 and Jurassic World 2. I think that explains it.

19 minutes ago, UserHN said:

A multi same as I2 is what it needs to cross 400 dom.

That won't be a problem. I2's multiplier was strong (3.34) but compared to FD and TS3 (3.6 and 3.77), it was down a bit, most likely due to the superhero semi-frontloadedness. Considering the small Sunday drop without Father's Day, TS4 is likely to get a great multi (if TLK doesn't shut down the theater business altogether).

I'd say 3.4 multi at the ABSOLUTE lowest.

27 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

It was really pre-sale loaded. Par Incredible 2 and Jurassic World 2. I think that explains it.

Was I2 that adult skewed? Seems excessive for an animated film. If it was that pre sale skewed by older audiences then my whole point is the multi might be crappy.

7 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Was I2 that adult skewed? Seems excessive for an animated film. If it was that pre sale skewed by older audiences then my whole point is the multi might be crappy.

I2 is also adult oriented. 

And TS4 have not only a good jump on Saturday but a stellar Sunday drop. A 3.3x like I2 (which also faces Fallen Kingdom on second weekend) is achievable, and is enough to make $ 400M. 

120 for Toy Story 4 is great but still disappointed that it fell so far short of tracking.

Honestly don’t know where it went wrong; thought that marketing was flawless. Maybe it was scheduling - a Fathers Day release may have been better. But it’s been a poor summer generally so that could have played a role.