charlie Jatinder

The Admission Count Thread.

3 minutes ago, Permanent Magnet said:

in Egypt EG made approximately 29,401,006 in local currency , the average ticket price in Egypt is 65EGP (about 3.90$)

if we factor that EG made a big chunk of its money from higher than ATP due to IMAX and other PLF screens, so lets say the ATP is 75-80EGP, that put the range between 367 and 392K, far from the 220k estimation

https://elcinema.com/en/work/2032663/boxoffice

https://www.expatistan.com/price/movies/cairo

great work,btw

Thanks. But I was told EGP 130 was ATP.

13 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Thanks. But I was told EGP 130 was ATP.

most theaters here have ATP from 65-80EGP, and it can reach as low as 40EGP for theaters in small towns, only some IMAX ones have ticket prices of 125EGP but those are very few and located mostly  in cairo

most theaters around me have ticket price of 70EGP btw.

you can take ATP of 90 if you want to be conservative, but 130 in very high and incorrect.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, PKMLover said:

Avatar ticket price at that time was more expensive than that. It was from 80k to 150k, or even 180k - 200k . Until today, it is still higher than average standard ticket price.

https://tuoitre.vn/thi-truong-phim-nhap-khau-chieu-rap-o-viet-nam-gia-ve-chenh-nhau-chuc-lan-380678.htm

Lets take the average 120k.

BOT reports Avatar's gross in Viet Nam is $1,385,487

The ER at that time was 1USD = 17.800VND

So we have the admissions ~ 206k for Avatar

@Charlie Jatinder

@nguyenkhoi282

There were only 2 3D auditoriums back then. It was still 3D heavy, but not THAT heavy. I still suspect that ATP was closer to 80K. ER during Avatar was 18.500. 

I'm still thinking 300-350K, but yeah, not much more than that.

Edited by nguyenkhoi282
  • Like 2

most theaters here have ATP from 65-80EGP, and it can reach as low as 40EGP for theaters in small towns, only some IMAX ones have ticket prices of 125+EGP but those are very few and located mostly  in cairo

most theaters around me have ticket price of 70EGP btw.

you can take ATP of 90 if you want to be conservative, but 130 in very high and incorrect.

Edited by Permanent Magnet

44 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

5% of the planet populatin including new borns and 100+ year-olds. Not too shaby

Potential audience don't always translate into buying customers. Beside, admission is going down in developed markets, while increasing in developing ones. Hard to say if they cancel each other out, but you get the idea.

Off late thinking, comparison with Avatar is way too one sided. The reason this might be hard to digest for many would be because of the gross of Avatar still similar as Endgame after 10 years and that's understandable as well.

However, we are no layman here. We all live box office, so need to open the minds and see the deep lying facts. Avatar is so high because of two big factors; one record high ticket prices which are yet to match the current price of Blockbusters in markets like USA, China and most of Europe.

Second being, Exchange rates. Avatar's biggest market, Europe loses 25-30% to Exchange rates today.

And admissions are the way to get rid of these two factors.

That said, I think the proper comparison will be with Titanic and that would be bit difficult as it will be tough to get data for East world markets, but I will try. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

There were only 2 3D auditoriums back then. It was still 3D heavy, but not THAT heavy. I still suspect that ATP was closer to 80K. ER during Avatar was 18.500. 

I'm still thinking 300-350K, but yeah, not much more than that.

80k is the ATP during the day, 100k - 150k is during the enening and night. You can take average of that.

80k was very cheap for ticket of Avatar that time

Edited by PKMLover

3 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Off late thinking, comparison with Avatar is way too one sided. The reason this might be hard to digest for many would be because of the gross of Avatar still similar as Endgame after 10 years and that's understandable as well.

However, we are no layman here. We all live box office, so need to open the minds and see the deep lying facts. Avatar is so high because of two big factors; one record high ticket prices which are yet to match the current price of Blockbusters in markets like USA, China and most of Europe.

Second being, Exchange rates. Avatar's biggest market, Europe loses 25-30% to Exchange rates today.

That said, I think the proper comparison will be with Titanic and that would be bit difficult as it will be tough to get data for East world markets, but I will try. 

Yeah. I want to know the admissions of Titanic too. My guest is that the first run was 380-390M and after the re-release with 3D version, it passed 400M

Avatar stands at 257mn in the tracked markets so far, compared with 328mn of Endgame.

In the remaining markets, mostly Latin American and Asian markets, Endgame did 53mn plus admissions. Avatar will mostly be around 25-30mn, so very close to 300mn mark but likely to miss. At lower limit, there will be difference of 100mn between Avatar and Endgame. 

Most probably, Avengers: Infinity War has par or higher admissions than Avatar.

• Like 3
  • Astonished 5
  • Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Avatar run was impressive, the thing is it made most of its money in EU and USA.

put it this way, Avatar made nearly 1.1B in EU, EG made about the same in Asia, and putting into consideration that ATP in EU countries is way higher than it in Asian countries and the favorable ER in 2009, it is obvious that EG made more admissions, not to take away from Avatar but if we will talk about admissions i think Avatar should be compared to IW as both are near each other in the total sold tickets, while EG should be compared to titanic as you said.

imo, i think it will go like this 

GWTW-titanic-EG-Avatar-IW-TFA

maybe the original star wars with its re-release and E.T can be in this list too.

3 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Avatar stands at 257mn in the tracked markets so far, compared with 328mn of Endgame.

In the remaining markets, mostly Latin American and Asian markets, Endgame did 53mn plus admissions. Avatar will mostly be around 25-30mn, so very close to 300mn mark but likely to miss. At lower limit, there will be difference of 100mn between Avatar and Endgame. 

Most probably, Avengers: Infinity War has par or higher admissions than Avatar.

So Avatar 257 + 25/30 = 282/287 ? The average is 285 ?

3 minutes ago, Permanent Magnet said:

Avatar run was impressive, the thing is it made most of its money in EU and USA.

put it this way, Avatar made nearly 1.1B in EU, EG made about the same in Asia, and putting into consideration that ATP in EU countries is way higher than it in Asian countries and the favorable ER in 2009, it is obvious that EG made more admissions, not to take away from Avatar but if we will talk about admissions i think Avatar should be compared to IW as both are near each other in the total sold tickets, while EG should be compared to titanic as you said.

maybe the original star wars with its re-release and E.T can be in this list too.

I think GWTW is too far away from 1997 of Titanic so there were many other factors bla bla...... 

1 hour ago, infamous5445 said:

Did TFA sell more tickets that any of the Avengers movies? I know it had an insane DOM gross and it's OS was decent but I'd assume Marvel is more popular overseas and such.

I think TFA admissions was over The Avengers  and AoU but lower than IW and EG.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Permanent Magnet said:

Well this thread is about Avatar and Endgame's admissions, not the impressiveness of their runs.

• Like 1