charlie Jatinder

The Admission Count Thread.

4 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Can GWTW on just USA and Europe power top. I doubt it. Perhaps it's number three, after Titanic and Endgame. 

That said, Indian film Sholay, had over 250mn admissions in India and iirc 50mn in USSR. That would be among Top 10 as well.

I mean, Chile before Pinochet used to have like 75 million admissions annually (Wih a population of like 10 million). I don't know if in other LA countries it was the same but if it was, then is totally possible. The thing is that I'm not aware of any accurate record for pre-1990 admissions for basically any LA country 

Edited by salvador-232
actually it was 75 in 1967
  • Like 1

Avatar in Colombia 2.760.570 ; Perú 1.241.000; Argentina 2.862.000

Tried to find in other Latin American countries but is hard since Avatar didn't break any record nor topped the year in the rest (And Perú already required a lot of digging lol, not even top 40) 

EDIT: Peruvian press reported 60m+ admissions for Endgame in ALL latin America by May 17th https://exitosanoticias.pe/v1/avengers-endgame-es-la-pelicula-mas-vista-en-la-historia-del-peru/

Edited by salvador-232
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Can GWTW on just USA and Europe power top. I doubt it. Perhaps it's number three, after Titanic and Endgame. 

Domestic , Europe & dont forget abut AUS .. movie has 38.89 M admissions (debatable) .. i dont think so exact data is available of GWTW ...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, salvador-232 said:

Avatar in Colombia 2.760.570 ; Perú 1.241.000; Argentina 2.862.000

Tried to find in other Latin American countries but is hard since Avatar didn't break any record nor topped the year in the rest (And Perú already required a lot of digging lol, not even top 40) 

EDIT: Peruvian press reported 60m+ admissions for Endgame in ALL latin America by May 17th https://exitosanoticias.pe/v1/avengers-endgame-es-la-pelicula-mas-vista-en-la-historia-del-peru/

Avatar was 6th highest grosser in Venezuela in 2009 with $5.15 M  (admissions ??)

Avatar's performance in latin countries was awful if we compared it with AEG .. for example in Mexico Avatar admissions are 10.21 M ... AEG is on the top with 24.5 M admissions 

Edited by Sunny Max
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

Avatar was 6th highest grosser in Venezuela in 2009 with $5.15 M  (admissions ??)

In the Venezuela thread, I see 2m admissions being thrown around. I see no reason to doubt them, but I couldn't find any press report. 

Just now, salvador-232 said:

In the Venezuela thread, I see 2m admissions being thrown around. I see no reason to doubt them, but I couldn't find any press report. 

as you said .. it is difficult to find genuine report .. or any press report ... 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

That said, Indian film Sholay, had over 250mn admissions in India and iirc 50mn in USSR. That would be among Top 10 as well.

Wow. the movie and was released in 1975, Wikipedia says 60M in USSR

Why was it too popular?

4 minutes ago, Permanent Magnet said:

Wow. the movie and was released in 1975, Wikipedia says 60M in USSR

Why was it too popular?

The most popular & the most successful Indian film of all time ...

Perfect masala (mix action , comedy , romance & drama) entertainer at that time ... 

50 M admissions in Russia with initial run .. 60 M after re-runs

Movie was also released in china in 1988 ... 

3 hours ago, KJsooner said:

Just like I figured. Endgame fucking pummeled Avatar worldwide, and it wasn’t even close. Avatar should be thanking its lucky stars for inflated 3D and great exchange rates for being number 1. Lollerskates.

I'm confused, ticket prices were much lower back then. Are we trying to pretend no one watched endgame in 3D? Not to mention the China expansion, bigger fan following, and huge opening weekend? I mean Avatar made just 77 million domestic and kept making money through word of mouth as a new IP lol. 

3 minutes ago, Sagemode87 said:

I'm confused, ticket prices were much lower back then. Are we trying to pretend no one watched endgame in 3D? Not to mention the China expansion, bigger fan following, and huge opening weekend? I mean Avatar made just 77 million domestic and kept making money through word of mouth as a new IP lol. 

Average ticket price of Avatar is still higher than standard ticket price of movie now in my country 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sagemode87 said:

Endgame ATP ¥48.95

• Thanks 2

Just now, Charlie Jatinder said:

Weren't you saying same for AEG as well.

A:IW will be 280-300mn while Avatar seems like around 280mn.

Have you calculated AIW admissions ???  AIW admissions will be 240 To 250 M ...

for Avatar i was talking about Europe & domestic only ... 

13 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

Have you calculated AIW admissions ???  AIW admissions will be 240 To 250 M ...

for Avatar i was talking about Europe & domestic only ... 

Not yet, on it but a simple calculus,

AIW W-China / AIW W-China gross is 77.5%, that means admissions will atleast be around that. A:EG admissions in this set is 295mn, A:IW would be 229mn Approx + 61mn China admissions. That gives 290mn.