The Wild Eric

Weekend Thread: Actuals - TS4 59.7, Annabelle 20.3 (31.1 5-Day), Yesterday 17, Aladdin 10.1, Pets 7.3, MIB 6.7, Endgame 6.1

Endgame: Looks like it'll hit somewhere between $6.5-$7m for the weekend. Great increase. 

Aladdin: Crossing $300m today. I'm curious to see if it can leg out to $350m. I'm thinking somewhere in the $330-$340m range is the likely finish.

TS4: $17m Friday - $23m Saturday - $17m Sunday for a $57m 2nd weekend.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AndyChrono said:

I'd expect the weekend to be more Friday heavy - almost like a mini-OW - for EG with the die-hard fans rushing in to see the new cut. Saturday bump will probably be minimal. 6-6.5m

It has got to be Friday heavy, Saturday bump probably muted, followed by pretty big Sunday drop. I'm guessing online ticketing heavy as well.

Still, this number is good. Better than I anticipated.

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Especially for

anigif_sub-buzz-16801-1560197994-1.gif

What Keanu is doing is so weird, he has now always the same look for whatever he does/wherever he is. 

Edited by The Futurist

With regards to performance this weekend, Monday is a statutory holiday in Canada. Sunday will probably be bumped up a bit. 

As for Avengers, that Friday total is not going to be enough. It's going to need to perform better overseas for it to get over the line. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Most influential movies purely for VFX since 1990 are probably Terminator 2, Jurassic Park, Matrix, Lord of the Rings and Avatar.

John Campea routinely claims that Phantom Menace's visual was groundbreaking at the time, and that what it did for visual effect is comparable to some of the all time greats like you listed. What is your opinion of that?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Endgame: Looks like it'll hit somewhere between $6.5-$7m for the weekend. Great increase. 

Aladdin: Crossing $300m today. I'm curious to see if it can leg out to $350m. I'm thinking somewhere in the $330-$340m range is the likely finish.

TS4: $17m Friday - $23m Saturday - $17m Sunday for a $57m 2nd weekend.

Sounds about right.

3 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

John Campea routinely claims that Phantom Menace's visual was groundbreaking at the time, and that what it did for visual effect is comparable to some of the all time greats like you listed. What is your opinion of that?

My opinion is that it was an oversight on my part. He's right. That and Matrix just a month or so apart when I was a kid was nuts. Mummy in between didn't hurt either. I do think Matrix had bigger influence though. 

I imagine green screening became hugely popular among studios after Phantom Menace.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

Also why are we pretending like one side is innocent when both are just as worst. And you know what sucks the most? And I bet I'm not alone here, what really sucks is being someone who loves James Cameron movies AND the MCU, because some of you make me ashamed of being a fan of either. What the actual hell people?

I lost a lot of excitement for future CBMs thanks to the bullshit of the DC and MCU fanboys toxicity on here

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

I feel TPM's achievements in effects are often unfairly minimized due to people's opinion of the movie itself.

• Like 5