Eric Atreides

Weekend Thread: Actuals - TS4 59.7, Annabelle 20.3 (31.1 5-Day), Yesterday 17, Aladdin 10.1, Pets 7.3, MIB 6.7, Endgame 6.1

Seems like a pretty typical second weekend drop for toy Story. I know there's a lot of doom and gloom hear about it dropping without any big competition this weekend but you talking about a film that opened 2 120 million. So I dropped North at 50% is it really that big of a deal. As for Annabelle that's a good Friday number and it's going to be another hit in The conjuring universe. Pretty good debut for yesterday also. And I am a little bit surprised that endgame did go up on Saturday. I thought maybe there would be a rush for it on Friday and then maybe a slight drop on Saturday. Glad I was wrong about that one.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

wait a minute, Sunday drop was only 19%? that's actually amazing but too good to be true maybe that Sat estimates were higher :thinking:

I guess they are taking Canada Day on Monday into account. I think every estimate that has larger than 20% drop on Sunday will have a larger weekend than these estimates.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Terrible opening in the UK. I honestly thought UK would carry the film. Seems like DOM will be doing that instead.

Yeah, I expected UK to be on par with US, wtf happened?

Did audiences really despise the first Secret Life of Pets?? 

This thing is at $600m less than the first film. Is this the biggest sequel drop ever in terms of $

Funny thing is, I thought SLOP2 and Toy Story 4 were exactly equal in terms of quality 😂. Quite repetitive and only mildly funny.