Eric Duncan

Weekend Thread: Actuals - TS4 59.7, Annabelle 20.3 (31.1 5-Day), Yesterday 17, Aladdin 10.1, Pets 7.3, MIB 6.7, Endgame 6.1

4 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Guess it is gonna need a 2nd re-release to beat Avatar WW lmao. Labor Day weekend is free I guess.

Edited by CJohn

3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Yes indeed! Over 164 end of next weekend.167+ finish, 168-169 definitely possible. Absolutely fantastic result for an awesome movie. I don't flinch a few times.....not gonna lie 

One of the all-time healthiest trilogies at the box office. I don't know why but I'm pretty proud of myself having been there from the very beginning, back when I would beg my friends to go see it because it was so good. Now I don't have to do that anymore. But there is one worry, seeing all these amazing increases Lionsgate might start thinking they can go crazy with the budget and marketing the next time around, not to mention that too many of these sequels in too short a window might end up killing this golden goose of theirs.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Love all the Keanu love. Everyone wants him. Marvel, Pixar, The Rock, everyone. Couldn't happen to a nicer actor.

What is the rumor Marvel and Reeves? I haven't heard that one.

1 minute ago, sfran43 said:

Disney going with the insanely conservative approach (smart unlike silly WB). Global total will be 2.762 for actuals if not 2.7625+. Curious to see how the next 11 days go.

Just now, baumer said:

Eternals specifically. They are looking for a specific type of role. Basically whatever the heck he wants which is exactly what he deserves.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

Rumors (though not confirmed yet) is that Marvel contacted Keanu for a role in one of their new movies, The Eternals

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Incoming doom and gloom because too many people didn't adjust their expectations accordingly, now I'm genuinely scared to visit that international Endgame thread.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

Incoming doom and gloom because too many people didn't adjust their expectations accordingly, now I'm genuinely scared to visit that international Endgame thread.

Adjusted upwards of 1m is a lock.

They predicted like 5.4m for this weekend in DOM

Edited by cdsacken
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Did audiences really despise the first Secret Life of Pets?? 

This thing is at $600m less than the first film. Is this the biggest sequel drop ever in terms of $

Funny thing is, I thought SLOP2 and Toy Story 4 were exactly equal in terms of quality 😂. Quite repetitive and only mildly funny. 

Sometimes, being despised by significant portion of the population (Twilight, fifty shades) is still better than total indifference, that's what SLOP is facing.

Part of this has to do with the fact that audiences are now completely incapable of embracing new franchise and materials, if you aren't a franchise from the 80s or 90s, or 70s, or from source material directly from the 50s, audiences won't care. SLOP hasn't succeeded in building a new IP for illumination, but then again what has in the past few years? or the entire decade, for that matter. 

I don't care much about SLOP personally, but I really thought Illumination had a hit franchise on their hands.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Less than 8M weekend for Endgame worldwide?

No. Actuals always go up OS and dom too if Canadian holiday is on Monday (which it is). Sunday holds are always better than projected. 

Edited by Valonqar