Eric Atreides

Weekend Thread: Actuals - TS4 59.7, Annabelle 20.3 (31.1 5-Day), Yesterday 17, Aladdin 10.1, Pets 7.3, MIB 6.7, Endgame 6.1

2 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Far from Home China weekend $97.521mn. 2nd highest ever for a solo Superhero after Venom.

What an insane run Venom had over there that a Spider-Man movie is second to it. Although very different situation, and I don't mean just China here, this makes me pretty optimistic about that Joker movie, 

2 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

What an insane run Venom had over there that a Spider-Man movie is second to it. Although very different situation, and I don't mean just China here, this makes me pretty optimistic about that Joker movie, 

I wouldn't think so. Venom is unique and nothing like Joker. Massive nonstop spectacle helped and whatever is. Venom is like a unicorn. 

Just now, Krissykins said:

Didn’t it just have the biggest opening weekend ever here for an animated film? 

I mean it opened for half of Toy Story 3 and the total will be less than half. Not sure, which film? SLOP2 is doing awful

• ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, cdsacken said:

I wouldn't think so. Venom is unique and nothing like Joker. Massive nonstop spectacle helped and whatever is. Venom is like a unicorn. 

I meant optimistic that a movie focused on just one villain can break out. Of course I don't expect it will play anything like Venom, definitely not in China, but it should still do okay business if it's actually good (will have to be since I doubt it will be much fun, like Venom, to detract from its mediocrity).

3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I mean it opened for half of Toy Story 3 and the total will be less than half. Not sure, which film? SLOP2 is doing awful

It did not open with half of TS3. The UK opening listed for TS3 is a 7-day OW. TS4 only has 3-day OW.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexMA said:

I meant optimistic that a movie focused on just one villain can break out. Of course I don't expect it will play anything like Venom, definitely not in China, but it should still do okay business if it's actually good (will have to be since I doubt it will be much fun, like Venom, to detract from its mediocrity).

Ah I see. You make a great about Venom, it is fun. It is mediocre? Well I thought so but I enjoyed the hell out of it on the 2nd view with lower expectations.

1 minute ago, UserHN said:

It did not open with half of TS3. The UK opening listed for TS3 is a 7-day OW. TS4 only has 3-day OW.

Ah ok, that's better I guess. Still getting nowhere near the massive total for TS3. 

14 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

It didn’t. Toy Story 3’s opening was a 7-day opening. They fudged the mon-thurs into the figure. Plus 4 of its days were when schools were out, which they’re not at the moment.