Eric Duncan

Weekend Thread: Actuals - TS4 59.7, Annabelle 20.3 (31.1 5-Day), Yesterday 17, Aladdin 10.1, Pets 7.3, MIB 6.7, Endgame 6.1

1 minute ago, superduperm said:

So I take it the End Game and TS4 numbers suck since we’re not getting any.

Charlie said a few hours ago he had a bit of trouble getting access to the data. He just probably hasn’t gotten to it yet. I would not read too much into it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

i still think Avatar rerelease before the next one comes out is likely. Probably could make a lot in China alone.

I don't think they will re release Avatar. Just look at other Disney properties. Incredible 2 was released after ~15years and Incredibles movie wasn't re released. Same with TS4 it's been more than 10 years but no re release for TS3. Also Avatar already had re release so by going Disney's way I think probability of Avatar getting a re release is really low also if it does get re release I don't think it would gross more than 30M. China is a wildcard but anywhere not so much

9 minutes ago, Nero said:

I don't think they will re release Avatar. Just look at other Disney properties. Incredible 2 was released after ~15years and Incredibles movie wasn't re released. Same with TS4 it's been more than 10 years but no re release for TS3. Also Avatar already had re release so by going Disney's way I think probability of Avatar getting a re release is really low also if it does get re release I don't think it would gross more than 30M. China is a wildcard but anywhere not so much

the last rerelease was for Cameron's ego, a new release would be a good promo for the next one. Toy Story 1/2 got  a rerelease maybe just for 3d craze that does not exist now

16 minutes ago, Nero said:

None of those movies have ever been the highest grossing movie of all time or movies that are primarily know for something you have to see on the big screen. Cameron has done a re-release for Titanic and T2, there will be one for Avatar.

the last rerelease was for Cameron's ego

yes everything Cameron says or does is about his ego, don't know where that's from but I hear that a lot

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, UserHN said:

I don't know if you've forgotten, but there was already a re-release for Avatar.

Titanic was re-released twice, what's stopping Avatar from doing that?

Slow weekend thread I guess

Godwin's law box office edition: when a bored box office thread goes long enough, at some point discussion will inevitably involve James Cameron and Avatar.

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Godwin's law box office edition: when a bored box office thread goes long enough, at some point discussion will inevitably involve James Cameron and Avatar.

I mean you're not wrong, it's inevitable that a box office forum would end up talking about him in a slow thread. If Box Office was a beast we would rightfully call him the BeastMaster.

And now I'm going back to my long watch for our lord and savior Charlie to come and throw us a bone.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

I'm surprised that there's so little activity thus far.

From what I understand (what someone on here was saying) he is having trouble accessing the data he needs to extrapolate the usual early Friday numbers.

17m would be a 49% bump for TS4.

Dory jumped 33% on 1st Fri and I2 jumped 48% going against JWFK.

Dory had a 20% Sat bump while I2 jumped 30% on Sat.

23 (+35%)

18.5 (-20%)

= 58.5

With 16 Fri those holds give 55 weekend.

2 hours ago, NCsoft said:

It's not about I think Disney may not re release it. I could be wrong but it just feels like Disney doesn't care much. Be it releasing Blu-ray DVD early or taking a movie out of theatre which is still earning something. If it was Fox I would be sure but not about Disney... Also to be of note don't take the re release of Lion King an either animated movies in 3D. Their purpose was to show it in 3D. I'm talking in general

Edited by Nero

3 hours ago, NCsoft said:

It doesn't have to be a slow box office thread to devolve to Cameron.  All it really takes, is for people for to marvel at how much a movie has made, and someone(usually @IronJimbo) will be sure to tell you that it hasn't made as much as Avatar.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

23 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

It doesn't have to be a slow box office thread to devolve to Cameron.  All it really takes, is for people for to marvel at how much a movie has made, and someone(usually @IronJimbo) will be sure to tell you that it hasn't made as much as Avatar.

To be fair only avatar has made as much as avatar

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

To be fair only avatar has made as much as avatar

Yes, but why can't you just let people have fun with a movies run without having to make sure they know(they already know, trust me) Avatar made more.

This is why I stand by my Avatar fans are the Yankees fans of box office.  You will always lord your 2.78b over EVERYONE just because you can.

• Thanks 4