Eric Atreides

Weekend Thread: Actuals - TS4 59.7, Annabelle 20.3 (31.1 5-Day), Yesterday 17, Aladdin 10.1, Pets 7.3, MIB 6.7, Endgame 6.1

1 minute ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Does anyone know what thread in BOT Charlie will be posting his Friday estimates in? I'm not trying to be pushy, I just want to be ready when estimates do come out

I am afraid, I won't be able to share numbers. I am having problem accessing comScore. At most I will be getting Endgame number from a friend in some 20-30 minutes perhaps.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I am afraid, I won't be able to share numbers. I am having problem accessing comScore. At most I will be getting Endgame number from a friend in some 20-30 minutes perhaps.

No problem. Take all the time you need man.

9 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Yes, but why can't you just let people have fun with a movies run without having to make sure they know(they already know, trust me) Avatar made more.

This is why I stand by my Avatar fans are the Yankees fans of box office.  You will always lord your 2.78b over EVERYONE just because you can.

Yeah but sometimes they call something a phenomenon and it hasn't even made 0.5A, how's that make any sense??

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Yes, but why can't you just let people have fun with a movies run without having to make sure they know(they already know, trust me) Avatar made more.

This is why I stand by my Avatar fans are the Yankees fans of box office.  You will always lord your 2.78b over EVERYONE just because you can.

Damn, not sure I've ever been so insulted. :lol:

• Haha 2

Did someone say early Friday numbers? I came in as soon as I could, still nothing. Charlie, please man, get that friend of yours to help us out with at least those Endgame numbers. OR we can all wait like 3 more hours like the patient children that we are for the Deadline numbers. Either way will do for me, thanks Charlie and don't worry, no one will hold missing a day or two against you, shit happens.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deep Wang said:

It doesn't have to be a slow box office thread to devolve to Cameron.  All it really takes, is for people for to marvel at how much a movie has made, and someone(usually @IronJimbo) will be sure to tell you that it hasn't made as much as Avatar.

Yeah, that's not me, we divided our labour. So I'm the one who makes sure people know that Global Market increased by 40%, China increased by 10 times, and global inflation and market expansion is constantly happening.... So you know, XYZ movie is not as impressive as raw number may suggest ;)

Edited by NCsoft
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Yeah but sometimes they call something a phenomenon and it hasn't even made 0.5A, how's that make any sense??

It doesn't have to reach 0.5A. Frozen for example. It's an undeniable phenomenon, although I think it's mainly because of that song.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Yeah, that's not me, we divided our labour. So I'm the one who makes sure people know that Global Market increased by 40%, China increased by 10 times, and global inflation and market expansion is constantly happening.... So you know, XYZ movie is not as impressive as raw number may suggest ;)

And I'm sure there will be people that will remind you that ER's today are not as good as 10 years ago.

Just now, UserHN said:

And I'm sure there will be people that will remind you that ER's today are not as good as 10 years ago.

and then I'm sure I will reply that ER effect is way smaller than inflation + market expansion, and that whatever ER effect didn't stop top 10 movies worldwide from 2018 grossing 42% higher than 2009, and 76% higher than 2008. But you know, let's not repeat old talking points. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1