SLAM!

Big Brother US | Season 21 currently underway

With the newest season having premiered, I thought now would be a good time to begin a thread for the show. It'd be pretty cool if there was a discussion of the season as the season happens!

For those who don't know the show, it's kind of like Survivor, but it's much more strategic. 16 houseguests enter a 'house', where cameras are on them 24/7; they play a Head of Household competition where one player becomes the Head of Household, who places two nominees onto the 'block' for eviction. After that, there's a Veto competition, where the HoH, the two evictees, and three random houseguests compete for the Power of Veto--the power to take someone on the block. If that power is used, the HoH will select another player to place on the block for eviction. Then all the houseguests vote one of the ones on the block to be evicted--in other words, they leave the game.

Lots of strategic elements are in play because alliances form, trust is established between houseguests, and there is a constant need to manage how threatening one seems to the others.

I can commentate on the events of the season, so I might appear in this thread quite a bit.