Eric Atreides

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME WEEK THREAD l 93.6M 3-Day, 185.1M 6-Day. l ****NO SPOILERS**** | Sale $5 off Gold/Premium/Silver l Other #s - TS4 34.3, YDay 10.7, Annabelle 9.7, Aladdin 7.6, Midsommar 6.6 (10.9 5-Day)

Wow, Spidey is special, he gets a Whole Week Thread, lol.  Let the 4th of July Weekend begin.  I'll will be tracking SpideyFFH with both Spidey 2 in 2004 and Amazing Spidey in 2012 both came out on 4th of July 4th of July weekend, lol.  Yes I know the 4th fell on different days then but still tracking it along those for now. Spidey 2 is #2 All-Time 4th of July Weekend behind Transfomers 2.  

Related image

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, baumer said:

Charlie with all due respect it's 11 a.m. on the East coast the movie has not even started playing yet. I just got off of my morning piece of work so I have not read the thread yet but how can you possibly say with any degree of certainty what kind of number far from home is going to do when it hasn't even started playing yet anywhere?

The very early guesses from before Charlie goes to bed are based on getting to see the true nationwide presales number for the say, and how that number is changing on an hourly basis vs other movies. Same technique used to approximate the day by 11 AM in e.g. China, SK, Japan — though of course the accuracy is fundamentally less than an extrapolation from 5PM or 10PM.

Let me know if this misrepresents the process, @Charlie Jatinder

• Like 1

Just now, filmscholar said:

Wow, Spidey is special, he gets a Whole Week Thread, lol.  Let the 4th of July Weekend begin.  I'll will be tracking SpideyFFH with both Spidey 2 in 2004 and Amazing Spidey 2 in 2014 both came out on 4th of July Weekend.  Yes I know the 4th falled on different days then but still tracking it along those for now.  Ironically all the Spidey "Part 2" came on 4th of July weekend, lol.  

Related image

Amazing Spider-Man 1 opened 4th of July weekend 2012. 2 opened first weekend of May 2014.

41 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I appreciate it cap, but the final number call wasn't nearly as close. :lol:

I personally Blame Canada (which apparently didn't have any midnight screenings). ;)

Now that I'm actually awake, the real answer is that Sacramento had more midnights than most places, causing Sacto to be over-counted.

Okay, I suppose that is technically true as well when it comes to Canada. :lol:

If I had known/was paying attention to Canada not having midnights (was Deadline right about that?), prob would have ad-hoced down to 4m +/-.  As it is though, just no getting around the fact that Sacto had more showings apparently than other places and as such my target would have always been off.

Ah well, was gonna be a hard target to hit under the circumstances, and Pulse being nuked forever certainly didn't help matters.  Be interesting to see how the 6 day plays out going forward.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

If I had known/was paying attention to Canada not having midnights (was Deadline right about that?), prob would have ad-hoced down to 4m +/-.  

Even if Canada was there, wouldn't have mattered that much. Barely 10%.

Canada is leggier than US.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Even if Canada was there, wouldn't have mattered that much. Barely 10%.

Canada is leggier than US.

Yes, I would have ad-hoced from around 4.3m +/- to 4m +/-. I.e, around 10%. 👍

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Amazing Spider-Man 1 opened 4th of July weekend 2012. 2 opened first weekend of May 2014.

I was still editing, it's fixed.  This is the 3rd Spidey on 4th of July weekend.   With Spidey 2 doing crazy numbers back then (Even though it dropped from part 1)

Edited by filmscholar

Wow, just 3M midnights, sad. Using typical MCU midnight:true OD guess we are looking at 6M true OD, 27M 6-day. Underperformance summer full speed ahead :sadno:

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Astonished 2
  • Sad 3
  • Knock It Off 1

Endgame is close to sell out for it's first 3 shows today at Empire 25 in NYC. 

We might be seeing a bit of a halo effect with Spidey's release the same way CM did with AEG.
Not to the same extent obviously, but still a slight effect. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Wow, just 3M midnights, sad. Using typical MCU midnight:true OD guess we are looking at 6M true OD, 27M 6-day. Underperformance summer full speed ahead :sadno:

Alita over FFH

• Astonished 1

3 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

3 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

Using the middle of that true Tuesday, if it follows Amazing Spider-Man excluding that film's midnights/Monday Canadian previews:

51 Tue

43.2 Wed

I'm getting 33.97 mil for Wednesday which would put it at 202 mil for the 6 day instead of 238. I'm only getting 43.2 Wednesday with a 15.2% drop but TASM had a 33.4% drop.

edit: nevermind that

Edited by lorddemaxus

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

I'm getting 33.97 mil for Wednesday which would put it at 202 mil for the 6 day instead of 238. I'm only getting 43.2 Wednesday with a 15.2% drop.

TASM true Tuesday was 27.5 due to 7.5 million midnights. The calendar configuration is pretty favorable, I don't think it will drop 30% even from the midnight boosted number as July 3 is basically like a Friday. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 1