Eric Atreides

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME WEEK THREAD l 93.6M 3-Day, 185.1M 6-Day. l ****NO SPOILERS**** | Sale $5 off Gold/Premium/Silver l Other #s - TS4 34.3, YDay 10.7, Annabelle 9.7, Aladdin 7.6, Midsommar 6.6 (10.9 5-Day)

A bit late ,  but for me WW is definitely miles better than Aquaman which itself a miles better than Shazam.

WW put the heart to the whole movie. It has enough action with iconic scene ( you know which one ) , beautiful ‘first time’ romance and great plot , direction and acting+ Gal Gadot 😍. WW succeeded on making an experience that makes me feel like I was missing something as soon as I got out of theatre and creates a feeling to watch it again. And I think it shows to other people too with its 4x legs. 

Aquaman put the whole heart only to the action and spectacle ( which is good cause I love big spectacle ) And it shows with a lack of strong script , plot and direction. It’s good but when I got out of theatre , it left me with no desire to see it again. It fails to create an impression for me.

While Shazam is.... 🤮 . Too childish for me.

• Like 3
  • Disbelief 1

Spider-Man’s debut is great! The 3-day debut may be lower than the 3-day of Homecoming, but hey it’s worldwide total is almost $600 million on opening weekend and its 6-day total is amazing! Sony should be easily satisfied with its turnout. Domestic total and worldwide I won’t predict yet, but possibly a total close to the 2002 film is an easy target with a strong possibly a lock at $1 billion worldwide! Heck, it’s crazy to see this increase on a Saturday which is a rarity for today’s day and age. Overall, no complaints on this turnout.

Toy Story 4  still holding up, as it passed $300 million this past weekend. Pixar films typically hold up decently. This will definitely make past $400 million domestic.

Other than Spider-Man’s massive success this weekend, Yesterday was another success story this weekend as it had decent 2nd weekend hold. For a little film without having big stars nowadays that’s great, I wouldn’t be surprised if analysts call this one of the summer’s sleeper hits if this still holds up. This is also director Danny Boyle’s biggest hit since Slumdog Millionaire, as he’s mainly directed flops for the past few years such as Trance and Steve Jobs. $60 million should be the high domestic note for this.

Annabelle Comes Home is surely coming home in a typical  horror film decline. The film is still pulling in profit with its low budget and it’s international pull out will save it. Overall a total on-par with The First Purge and Lights Out seem likely at this point. 

Aladdin still hanging on the top five! It’s domestic total isn’t far away from edging out Suicide Squad to Will Smith’s highest grossing domestic film unadjusted(without including the adjusted totals of Men In Black or Independence Day). And it is almost near $1 billion worldwide. 

Midsommar debuted dead in comparison to the debut of last year’s Hereditary. The debut is even lower than Deliver Us From Evil which debuted around the 4th Of July back in 2014. The debut was on-par with summer 2017’s It Comes At Night.

The reason why Midsommar didn’t pull out like Hereditary was probably the true audience turnout as people I’ve seen on YouTube call Hereditary “The Best Horror Film Of 2018!” didn’t wanna pay the big bucks. Also in all honesty, audiences wanna see a horror film and have fun with it not something that’s downbeat or too strange for the general public. However, the film should do close to $20 million domestic.

Secret Life Of Pets 2 holding up decent. While it’s a strong decrease from a predecessor by a landslide, it should make a small profit above $150 million domestic.

Men In Black:International is another story it’s worldwide total isn’t even at the break-even point Sony wanted but hey after the success of Spider-Man:Far From Home, this and Brightburn will be like nothing ever happened. Still aiming for in the Pixels vicinity. 

Endgame’s boost from last weekend still has it remaining on the top 10 this weekend! Almost $850 million domestic is coming it’s way very soon! 

Rocketman almost singing towards $90 million domestic this weekend. Hopefully $100 million does happen for it.

John Wick 3 pushing in big numbers and it could gross on-par with the unadjusted total of the original Matrix fillm, which is possibly outside of Disney/Marvel, and Yesterday/Rocketman’s success this is one of the few success stories of the summer! 

Child’s Play dropping off steadily like a horror film coming out on the first weekend in January! When you count the films starring Chucky with the original franchise, by their third weekends:

Child’s Play ‘88 dropped with 11%(that’s with Thanksgiving weekend)

Child’s Play 2 dropped steeper on the Thanksgiving holiday with almost 36% 

Child’s Play 3 was at almost 53%, and that was with the opening  release of Freddy’s Dead: The Final Nightmare that weekend. 

Bride Of Chucky drooped less than 3 and also had competition with John Carpenter’s Vampires that weekend and a decent 43% drop. 

Seed Of Chucky suffered blue balls with 60% decline on Thanksgiving weekend 2004. So Overall on the bright side the budget is small and should sneak past $30 million domestic. 

2019 overall is lagging behind just 2018 by almost 6%. Hopefully July can bring in audiences back to the cinema. But we need studios other than Disney to be pulling big cash for the rest of the year. So hopefully, Once Upon A Time In Hollywood & Hobbs & Shaw among others pull in decent cash. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

@Charlie Jatinder we are hooked to your magic, charlie!!! give us numbers!!!! 

Charlie is actually from the future. He could give us the exact numbers whenever he wants, but prefers to lead us on and think he just has access to some data that he extrapolates from.

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 2

12 minutes ago, Doctor Stark said:

Charlie is actually from the future. He could give us the exact numbers whenever he wants, but prefers to lead us on and think he just has access to some data that he extrapolates from.

Charlie is Terminator. 🤔🤔

14 minutes ago, MagnarTheGreat said:

Updated MCU 6-day comps with today's estimates. 9th biggest MCU 6-day with those current estimates, and that excludes a normal preview.

So far the 180M 6-day line cleanly separates the 1B club from those that fell short. An OS heavier movie could definitely hit a billie in the future with, say, GOTG2’s 6-day.

7 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

So far the 180M 6-day line cleanly separates the 1B club from those that fell short. An OS heavier movie could definitely hit a billie in the future with, say, GOTG2’s 6-day.

I think future MCU movies that have enough interest to get GOTG2 opening numbers will easily hit 1B. The franchise is just so strong OS now.

• Like 1

Being in the Avengers movies almost certainly boosted the profile of the Guardians overseas. Factor in the anticipation and hype for GOTG3 after the delay/temporary firing of Gunn and I feel like it's certain to hit a billion. 

Edited by Mekanos

I am about to make 2-Billion lion king club? Anyone who wants to join come to the club section after approx 3 hours. I will meet you there..

giphy.gif

Edited by Geo1500
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

I am about to make 2-Billion lion king club? Anyone who wants to join come to the club section after approx 3 hours. I will meet you there 😎

giphy.gif

Isn’t there already a club for over Titanic? Over $2b seems redundant after that. 

• Like 1

Just now, Deja23 said:

Isn’t there already a club for over Titanic? Over $2b seems redundant after that. 

1 club is not enough we need atleast 2 or 3. One under my authority this will also be my first club:hahaha:

1 minute ago, Deja23 said:

6 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

I am about to make 2-Billion lion king club? Anyone who wants to join come to the club section after approx 3 hours. I will meet you there..

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, Slave Animal Rights said:

is it scary?

Even I could barely look at what was on screen at times, and was amazed that the camera didn’t cut away. 

The type of I’ll say injury detail, instead of gore, in Midsommar is pretty rare. 

• Like 1