Eric Duncan

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME WEEK THREAD l 93.6M 3-Day, 185.1M 6-Day. l ****NO SPOILERS**** | Sale $5 off Gold/Premium/Silver l Other #s - TS4 34.3, YDay 10.7, Annabelle 9.7, Aladdin 7.6, Midsommar 6.6 (10.9 5-Day)

12 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

You can't really compare OD presales to day 2. 

Day 2 is generally always more walk ups. It's definitely going to drop. but way too early to say 40% drop. I think we can't make that call until tomorrow afternoon shows start. 

Reason is multiple. Its playing saturated today to absorb demand. I don’t think this plays like Endgame to expand that much. I see fewer shows and much worse PS. We will know for sure tomorrow. I will again look tonight to see how things look.

Should we have a separate thread for everything that’s not FFH, and save this just for FFH? What would be messier IYO, the same thread for 6 days of dailies of everything, or having daily/weekend threads AND an FFH opening week thread?

Edited by TServo2049

Most "common folks" don't know or don't have time to go to this thing on a Tuesday or Wed. night, and with the 4th being Thursday, I'd expect big balloon numbers to expand over the weekend as per a normal release.  After people have had their fireworks and cotton candy (and tanks), they will celebrate with Spidey!  🙂

Or...do we have another Summer 2019 underperformer on our hands??

• Like 1

There was a Monday thread up, but I guess sfran got things mixed up. But I did ask the mods, and they said it was just easier for all of the info for Tuesday to Sunday to just be in one thread. If you disagree, you can just DM the mods and talk to them about it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Reason is multiple. Its playing saturated today to absorb demand. I don’t think this plays like Endgame to expand that much. I see fewer shows and much worse PS. We will know for sure tomorrow. I will again look tonight to see how things look.

Again, most presales over the last month were for opening day, so of course it will be more presale heavy than the rest of the run. 

It's like that with almost any blockbuster. 

Taking a quick peak at Empire 25 for tomorrow, I'm not sure where you are getting this big drop from anyways. 

IMAX, Prime and Dolby shows are almost full or filling up fast. 

Even the 7:30pm Mandarin subtitles show for tomorrow is 2/3 full. 

The 6pm - 11pm Digital shows are also filling up nicely. 

We aren't even past 4pm EST on opening day yet. 

Just wait until a large chunck of the audience can't go this evening due to sold out showings. That's what creates the spill over effect we see time and time again. 

Again, I agree with you that it will drop Wednesday, but 40% is way above historical trends for mid week openers on the July 4th week as well as how films in general perform during the July 4th week. 

It's too early to even call an opening day number yet, how can we possible guess the second day drop?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

What a shitty article

The fact that they are even questioning whether MCU fans will show up opening night when AEG just opened to 357 million OW and Spidey, the direct follow up on that storyline which has a 93% RT critics score and a 98% audience score currently... :D

Yeah, I think fans are gonna show up.

Something to remember for Wednesday's hold, it's been confirmed that quite a few theatres are giving the Tuesday discount for Spidey. 

Here in Canada, Cineplex which is one of the largest chains is giving the discount. 

A few others in the US have mentioned their theatres are as well. So this could definitely cushion the drop somewhat as well. 

1 minute ago, Jiffy said:

Refreshing that this went back to true midnights, but how many theaters was it in to get that $2.8-3m result?

Deadline says midnights were only in about 1000 or so theatres, so quite limited. 

• Like 1