Eric Atreides

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME WEEK THREAD l 93.6M 3-Day, 185.1M 6-Day. l ****NO SPOILERS**** | Sale $5 off Gold/Premium/Silver l Other #s - TS4 34.3, YDay 10.7, Annabelle 9.7, Aladdin 7.6, Midsommar 6.6 (10.9 5-Day)

30 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Great, down only 55% from strong Sunday and it's up 220% from LW. It's continuing to maintain a strong PTA which bodes well for keeping the theaters after this week.

That's a really great Monday honestly. If it can keep those kind of holds up and hang on to a lot of theaters this weekend, it may be able to climb up to 2.78b from DOM alone. 

5 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

Deadline says midnights were only in about 1000 or so theatres, so quite limited. 

Also didn't have that many showings per theater.  Locally most places had three per theater, though a few expanded (four to six showings) when demand was there.

10 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

Something to remember for Wednesday's hold, it's been confirmed that quite a few theatres are giving the Tuesday discount for Spidey. 

Here in Canada, Cineplex which is one of the largest chains is giving the discount. 

A few others in the US have mentioned their theatres are as well. So this could definitely cushion the drop somewhat as well. 

Yep, I got the discount. Just over $10 bucks to see Spider-Man in UltraAVX on opening day. That's a helluva deal!

This weekend's three-day forecast is directly below. This post will be updated on Friday morning with Thursday night preview results followed by Friday estimates on Saturday morning, and a complete weekend recap on Sunday morning.

• Spider-Man: Far from Home - $80.0 M
  • Toy Story 4 - $32.2 M
  • Yesterday - $9.5 M
  • Annabelle Comes Home - $8.1 M
  • Aladdin - $7.8 M
  • Midsommar - $7.0 M
  • The Secret Life of Pets 2 - $4.8 M
  • Men in Black International - $4.3 M
  • Avengers: Endgame - $4.1 M
  • Rocketman - $2.4 M

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4525&p=.htm

:kitschjob::kitschjob:

Edited by Seto Kaiba
  • Like 1

For what it's worth I really enjoyed far from home. I found the quieter moments with his classmates and MJ to be the highlight of the film. There were some really well-written scenes. The action and Mysterio and the bad guy plot we're all well done but I just found that far from home had some really good John Hughesesqque kind of stuff.

• Like 10

With no preview showings last night, Far from Home began playing in 4,634 theaters today and Sony is anticipating an opening around $125 million for the film's first six days, which seems quite conservative. Industry expectations are closer to $170-190 million for the six-day frame and we're definitely within that range for a multitude of reasons. To begin, reviews have been almost entirely positive — 92% on RottenTomatoes and 69 on Metacritic — and online ticket retailer Fandango.com reports the film is out-pacing Spider-Man: Homecoming at the same point in the sales cycle.

well, at least this 170-190m are way better than others

Unfortunate we lost Pulse last week. That would have given us good real time perspective. We have to wait for RTH and Charlier to come online this evening to get more accurate perspective. Charlie’s number this morning to me is too early. Based on Wang’s update the PS for OD would be like 20%. So its a stretch to project that early. I would like to see update after 6PM PST when evening shows are in full steam in East Coast and west coast PS should give perspective as well.

2 minutes ago, MattW said:

~40m today seems more likely than the 50+ posited earlier. Would put the 6-day in the high 100s, more than I thought it would do.

deadline saying  "could be seriously higher or actually lower" so i wouldnt put value to their comment

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MattW said:

~40m today seems more likely than the 50+ posited earlier. Would put the 6-day in the high 100s, more than I thought it would do.

Nice try you are on the 140 train. 200+ choo choo all aboard. 50+ including previews probably 53+

• Like 1
  • Haha 2